Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nunuyaya Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 08:18 PM
    Can you be on house arrest longer than 90 days
    My boyfriend was placed on house arrest on May 11th, he was originally told for 90 days. As of today he still has it on him, now he has failed 2 UA's and I think this is the reason why its still on. But if that is the reason isn't is PO suppose to inform him of the extension?:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:22 PM

Why doesn't he call his PO and ask?
    They don't always call you and keep you informed then you are the one that suffers the consequences. So he needs to get on the phone tomorrow am and get some answers.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:22 PM
    He failed 2 UA's DUH... that's why he's been extended. Do you really think they are going to let someone off who can't even follow the rules of their probation? Nope. The PO isn't his friend.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:27 PM

They can keep you on house arrest for as long as they wish. The 90 days is nothing. Neither is the 120 days from your other post. Some folks can be on house arrest for a year or more. House arrest means that you are still technicall in prison or jail only that you are doing the jail time in the comfort of your own home. Would you rather have your boyfriend do this time in the comfort of the prison or jail instead? He needs to remember where he is. He's at his home. Not the jail. He can eat whatever he wants. He can sleep in his own bed. He does not have to be scrutinized 24 hours a day. He should be thankful at this point that they have not revoked his house arrest for violating twice and thrown his behind back in jail.
    Nunuyaya Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 08:27 PM

He has tried to ask her and she doesn't respond to him. She changes the subject, he failed the UA during his first month, since he has been clean. She had him enroll in a class he has to attend every thurs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period only 2 days, but my breasts no longer hurt [ 1 Answers ]

My period was darker than usual, and the bleeding only lasted two days. My breasts usually get sore about a week before and they did but they don't hurt anymore and I have read that almost everyone has very sore breasts during the first part of pregnancy, could I still be pregnant or is it more...

Roof repair, should I file a claim when the house is no longer mine? [ 3 Answers ]

I sold my house about a month ago. A year ago in Sept 06 there was a hail storm and the roof looked fine to us, so we didn't file a claim or anything because we thought there was no damage. We closed on our house and the new owners asked about the roof and we told them we thought it was fine,...

House arrest? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband had his first dui 10 years ago and just received another one. He was .08 and felt he was totally fine to drive, I picked him up at the police station And I thought he was fine as well. He was given 10 weekends in jail and then 20 days house arrest. He has his own business and...

House arrest [ 7 Answers ]

My friend is on probation has two handicap people to care for. And could not make it on time for her drug test. They gave her another one she was clean. But she did violate her probation. She has one year for thief under 500 she ask me what house arrest was and could she get it.so I am written...

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

View more questions Search