Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 23, 2009, 04:29 AM
    Could Sugar cause darkening?
    I know for a fact that when people have READY sugar products such as GLUCOSE, darkening occurs really much faster.. I haven't found any research saying so..

But I know that my mum told me that when my brother was born , he was actually lighter than I was... but he was a weak child and therfore the doctor put him on glucose for some days or something like htat..

Immediately his colour darkened like significantly...

I know that's a kiddie change but can it be possible that sugars which are readily aavailable can darken you faster ? Im curious because I have a sweet tooth and always , and I mean almost always have so much sweet in my diet... its not even funny .

Perhaps that's why the lightening process is not workign as well ? Well apart form the sun being in the picture...

Whatcha guys think ?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 04:55 AM

I don't think so!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 05:37 AM
    That is a myth. When a child is born it actually takes a few days for the color to come in, glucose or not. Color is determined by genetics, not what we eat.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 01:07 PM
    I know that if you use a good detox diet along with drinking lots of water with lemon for a few weeks, it will eliminate the toxins from your body and your skin will appear clearer and a bit lighter. I'm unsure about sugar making one darker... unless the person is borderline diabetic or is diabetic it can darken certain parts of the body including both sides of the face.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Aug 24, 2009, 03:13 AM

It takes a white like a few days to a weak for a baby to get their actual colour,
    Also we all get slightly pale when we are ill it's due to the poor circulation of our blood I believe so that's probably why he was light
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 24, 2009, 04:41 PM

If you've ever noticed, dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is the active ingredient in sunless tanning lotions. It's a colorless sugar that reacts with your epidermis cells to cause a darker color change.

It doesn't necessarily affect your body's natural pigment of melanin, therefore is not permanent; but may remain so if a steady amount of DHA sugar(glucose) is released and present.

(And therefore could theoretically be a reason as to skin darkening after birth. This of course isn't scientifically proven.)
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 24, 2009, 04:49 PM

All so interesting. Pigment can change as time goes on and in one family you can have a dark shilc and a light child. Genetic.

Aug 24, 2009, 05:54 PM

That's cool info... little greg

So althogh not proven... there is a possibility that simple sugars could cause darkening ?

Sportpersons drink a lot of glucose and get tanned quickly.. Now I know it sounds silly because staying out in the sun the way they do, you are bound to get tanned badly anyway... but there could be some sort of link in catalysing the tan drinking glucose water isn't there ?

Well I have heard of home remedies which use castor oil in the recipe for natural skin lightening.

What I am also aware of is how castor oil regulates and in fact reduces blood sugar in the body...

Do you think something like monobenzone powder or even hydroquinone can be dissolved in castor oil and used on skin as monobenzone would do the lightening and castor oil will ( well obviously not regulate blood sugar topicallyl lol) possibly be beneficical in the lightening process even using externally ?

Would that be a good idea?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 05:58 PM
    I agree, quite interesting. Everyone has mentioned a number of ways on how the skin can darken or at least appear darker which all are quite relevant.
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Do you think something like monobenzone powder or even hydroquinone can be dissolved in castor oil and used on skin as monobenzone would do the lightening and castor oil will ( well obviously not regulate blood sugar topicallyl lol) possibly be beneficical in the lightening process even using externally ?

Would that be a good idea?
    Well, people have reported using Castor or Almond oil with Monobenzone for a more even toned lightening, so I'd say it would be beneficial regardless. Only problem per say would be staying out of the Sun while using the product. The oil would add a higher chance of Sunburn, and essentially require more time due to a slower, but more effective intake on the Monobenzone.

(Vitamin E would be an ideal mixture as well.)

Apr 19, 2010, 05:42 AM

Vitamin E ? I don't believe this.

Vitamin E is one Vitamin that people are told NOT to take whilst depigging.

Vitamin C is encouraged though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inner tigh darkening [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem regarding my inner thigh. Its color is different from my legs. What will I do to make my skin even? Please help me..

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Reducing sugar or non reducing sugar complex? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone help me answer it...

Skin darkening [ 10 Answers ]

My skin is becomes dark after using hair removing creame tellme proper treatment:confused:

Darkening of lips [ 2 Answers ]

My lips are darkend in colour. Will you please suggest a way or any medicines to make my lips pink in colour.

View more questions Search