Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momathome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 09:31 PM
    How to remove Grout on Tile surface
    I had a tile guy put down tile in my laundry and bathroom, but he didn't wipe up the grout on the surface. It has now hardened to the treads in the laundry room tile and in the nooks and crannies on the slate tile in the bathroom. How could I go about getting it off? My new tile now makes the floor look like it is dirty all the time! :rolleyes: Any help is greatly appreciated.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:33 AM

Use multi tool(see pic) to remove large pieces. If not a lot of area to do use wet scrubby pad and lots of elbow grease

After finishing, polish tile with dry rag to remove haze.

Good luck

Chuck
    Attached Images

kdenes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 01:34 PM

Use a putty knife to scrape off the large chunks then soak it down with vineagar.Use a stiff brush to remove the rest .If it's just hazy it will buff off with a towel.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 02:41 PM

I got a even better idea, call the tile guy back and tell him you aren't satisfied with the sloppy install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove stubborn grout from tile surface [ 15 Answers ]

Good Evening. I recently laid a really nice porcelain floor in my new basement washroom. In my haste, I did not fully clean the grout off the surface of the tiles, and had not had time to go back to it for several days. This tile is not smooth and the grout has managed to lodge itslef firmly...

How can I remove old, stained grout from my kitchen floor tile? [ 6 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace or clean old, stained kitchen floor tile grout. How can I easily remove the old grout?

Remove grout from a floor tile [ 7 Answers ]

Can I remove grout from a tile?

Removing grout from tile to reuse tile [ 5 Answers ]

We had our kitchen remodeled last year and removed/saved the old tile. We are now doing a bathroom and want to reuse the tile. How do I remove old grout from the back of tile so I can reuse the tile?

Remove grout from tile [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove Laticrete grout from tiles, followed the instructions and it did not work, it is in all the littlegrooves of the tile, the tile is a course tile, so how do I get it out without damaging the tile? Please help. Thank you Jennifer

View more questions Search