Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicraft5 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
    She Says she doesn't want to commit, but still wants me there as if we were.
    First I meant she doesn't want a RELATIONSHIP, but still wants me there as if we had one... My Girlfriend and I recently split. We split because (and these are her words, not mine) one thing will happen, whether big or something really small, and she would blow up about it... so bad that she'd cuss me sometimes, tell me to leave, or just shut-off; which would lead eventually in the same conversation to us splitting. Then we would always be back together all happy and good until the same thing happened again. For the past 2 weeks, we've pretty much been acting the same... still happy, I still stay with her sometimes, had sex twice, and still I love you's and I miss you's and want you to be with me... Pretty much we still act the same as we do when were dating. Tonight I asked her what's going on, because she says that we are just friends, but really good friends. She still wants us to act the same... still sleeping over, try not to have sex but might happen, still saying I love you, and just wanting to be with each other, just without the commitment. I told there that for her not wanting a commitment, and with me wanting a commitment... that it just won't work the way she wants it to. I'm not a person who can say I love you, I miss you, sleep over with someone, and have sex everyonce in a while and NOT want to have a commitment to that person, I'm just not that way. I do love her, and I believe her when she says she loves me, but what do I do... When I left her room tonight, she got mad and said that apparently what she wants doesn't matter because I've already spoken my mind and what I feel... I didn't give in, and I left her room. Was it wrong to leave her room? Should I still act like we are together, talk like we are together, and all... but not have a commitment? To me it just doesn't add up... same thing with If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck... then it's a duck. Or should it be the other way? That even though we act like it, talk like it, and look like it... but we're not together? Can someone help me out here... its always good to have an outsiders opinion. It seems most of the women/girls I ask... I've already had a prior relationship with, or they currently have a little thing for me... Can anyone give me a little insight on what I should do? Its kind of hard to listen to my girl/ex-girl, too... because she's changed her mind sooooo many times before..? Thanks ahead to anyone who can leave me a little bit...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Good grief! She wants her cake and the plate of cookies and the chocolate fudge and the apple pie too. Apparently you're good enough to keep around until something better comes along.

Run. Run like the wind.
    reikigrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2007, 09:15 PM
    I am sorry you are in this situation. Usually people know the answers to things like this in their hearts. If she is saying this to you, she probably is thinking she will find something better. That does not mean that she doesn't love you, it means she probably can't love you. Maybe she beilieves that she will have a relationship that doesn't involve that type of pain and heartache, and maybe she will. She sounds insecure.
    It sounds like she gets outbursts and then blames you for the fact that she feels so bad, yet she can't bring herself to leave because she know that it is equally something inside of her that is causing the pain. Something she needs to change.
    If you don't think you can handle the situation, pack yourself up and move on, you will probably find someone who does love you. Just take care of your needs first.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 19, 2007, 09:21 PM
    CUT it off that will give you your answer!!

If she wants you she will let you know, if she lets you go then you know she really doesn't want you...

One thing I am POSITIVE about is she DOES NOT LOVE YOU cause if she did she wouuld want you as a boyfriend, she wants you there till something better comes along if you can't see this YOU ARE BLIND!!

If you want someone you have them if you don't you just drag them along VERY selfish but true...

WAKE UP!! RUN RUN RUN

Get the answer your looking for Disappear... Don't let ger do this to you...
    pauly7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 10:08 AM

I feel so bad for you, I've been dealing with almost the same situtation except she doesn't say I love you anymore. She has some sever mental illinesses (depression/anxiety/ possible bi-polar)and I always figured this was the reason she doesn't say I love you anymore. The more I think about it the more I seem realize why she could say it before but doesn't now. I love her so much. I'm sure your having a hard time accepting her way of what she thinks your relationship is and should be. She may just be using you till she feels something better comes along, not even sayign something better will come along, just some chicks seem to do this. I'm going to try this weekend to give mine an ultimatum this weekend and tell her "this is it, your either with me or against me on this and being against me will only make you lose out on something great". I think she will stand her ground and say "yea we need to split up and go are own ways" only because she has major commitment issues of her own. But she has tried to make things work over and over with me also so I don't know if in a few days after she dose realize she's lost something great and try to call me.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 08:08 AM

She's using you. I guess you figured that out. But she's doing it because you let her lead the relationship. You let her break up and get back together so many times that she has trained you to follow her lead and she knows it. All she has to do is call and you'll run. So she wants you there to get the sex and throw her problems on but when she starts screwing the next guy she can say, "Well I told you we weren't committed."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to commit suicide sometimes [ 4 Answers ]

My life was so messed up. I came from a broken family. My mom work as an entertainer in Japan.She had an American fiancée and left after she got pregnant. She doesn't know how to work here that's why she sell all her inverstment to continue my 1 year in high school and for us to survive. After...

Can't commit until I know for sure - [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone Just after a bit of advice as I know there isn't an answer :-( As with a lot of posts it is concerning a first love. I went out with her for 4 years and had a great time - Uni came and we ended up splitting up as many people do at this stage - a sad part of my life but I would...

Did I commit theft? [ 2 Answers ]

I walk into a store wit a buddy. We noice a lady who keeps looking at us and I tell him look undercover is looking at us because were black... he starts laughing and says lets give them something to watch.. He starts picking out clothes and puts it in his plastic bag which he placed on the floor. I...

She says she can't commit & needs time [ 2 Answers ]

I met someone in Sept. of last of last year while looking at new homes. She was the salesperson showing the home. Their was an instant attraction for both of us. During the tour we hit it of, I didn't want to be too forward and ask for number right away. Plus their was someone else along on the...

Getting my boyfriend to commit [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months now. I love him very much, but the thing is that he has cheated on all his ex girlfriends but says he has not cheated on me problem is that I don't know if he is telling the truth. As he has lied to me before. Also he goes on to mxit and picks up...

View more questions Search