Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wishes Posts: 98, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2009, 06:12 AM
    Pink worms in shower
    I found a pink worm in my shower about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I found 3! My shower is in a corner and the worms are found in the place which mainly acumulates water and has a little black mold. How can I get rid of the worms? Cause they're freaking me out!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:34 AM

I would remove the worms then maybe bleach the mold. Try to get rid of the moisture. Perhaps you could take up Fishing, I'm sure the price for worms has gone up like everything else.
    Do you have a bath exhaust fan or window?

Aug 21, 2009, 06:35 AM

Yes I do have the window and a fan but still its still moist
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:47 AM

And you say you don't like Fishing.

Aug 21, 2009, 06:51 AM

No haha. I just want to get rid of them
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 21, 2009, 11:53 AM
    You'll need to take it up if you don't solve the moisture problem in your shower stall. That is the cause of both the fungus and the worms. It's possible the pan under your shower has deteriorated and the shower is actually in contact with the ground.

Aug 22, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    You'll need to take it up if you don't solve the moisture problem in your shower stall. That is the cause of both the fungus and the worms. It's possible the pan under your shower has deteriorated and the shower is actually in contact with the ground.
    So I should remove everything and fit in a new pan?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wishes View Post
    so i should remove everything and fit in a new pan?
    It's a bit more complicated than that. I'm going to refer your question to a home repair expert who can better explain.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 10:20 AM

What material was used to build your shower pan? The moisture problem must be improved with more evntilation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog with worms [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has scooted across the floor and there are two dried up black worms. What are these and what should I do?

Lab pup has worms! [ 4 Answers ]

Have a lab pup that is about 4 months old. I got him from the newspaper and noticed that he has worms. I bought a medication from meijers that took care of some nasty long white worms and now I am noticing small ones that are about an inch long and kind of a clear white color. What are these? Did...

The worms turn, but that [ 6 Answers ]

“As Super Tuesday looms - and the possibility that McCain could all but wrap up the nomination - the chattering conservative class is in an uproar. Talk show host Rush Limbaugh has warned that McCain as standard-bearer would destroy the Republican Party. Author and pundit Ann Coulter, in...

Pink and Black; Black and Pink 2 times is a charm [ 8 Answers ]

Any color combination, any time, its always a good time :)

Dog with worms [ 2 Answers ]

Some one "dumped" a dog on me. She is 2,she is not"fixed",she has not seen a vet since she was 9 mo.nor has she had any shots since than. She is skinny so I thougt she might have worms. I got some"hartz, Rid worm liq." and gave her the recommended dose two weeks ago. Today she had live worms...

View more questions Search