Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitecherry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Bumps in vagina hair
    I have two bumps in my vagina hair. One on each side They are sore to touch. They have been there for two days. They also kind of burn when I use the rest room. If the urine does not touch them it does not burn.
    What are these bumps
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 06:53 PM

Sounds like herpes. Sorry.
    necey42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 09:09 AM

My friend has a hugh lump that is on her vagina,she says it is hard ,what could it be
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 11:53 PM

I'm not sure what you mean about these "bumps"... are they red? White? Are they hard? Is it an open wound? Is there any discharge?
    necey42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 05:24 PM

She just said it was a hard bump on her vagina
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 9, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecherry View Post
    I have two bumps in my vagina hair. One on each side They are sore to touch. they have been there for two days. They also kind of burn when I use the rest room. If the urine does not touch them it does not burn.
    What are these bumps
    First off, Whitecherry, you did good describing it to us but could you give us more info, like what it looks like, colour, smell, if you can see and fluids coming out, open/closed sores, does it itch, do you have any flu like symptoms, headaches, nausia, do you notice any other pain or odd feelings inside you vagina, etc? (Same for your friend necey42.) I suggest you get checked, your friend too Necey42, but if you want us to try to help you figure this out, we need to know a little more about it. If you feel comfortable of coures. If not, then please talk to your Doctor, or a health nurse.
    Here is some info on Herpes.

Typical Symptoms
    The virus starts to multiply when it gets into the skin cells. The skin becomes red and sensitive, and soon afterward, one or more blisters or bumps appear. The blisters first open, and then heal as new skin tissue forms. During a first outbreak, the area is usually painful and may itch, burn or tingle. Flu-like symptoms are also common. These include swollen glands, headache, muscle ache or fever. Herpes may also infect the urethra, and urinating may cause a burning sensation.

FACTS ABOUT GENITAL HERPES:
    Transmission is caused by close oral, anal, or genital contact, including intercourse, masturbation, kissing, or any direct skin-to-skin contact which allows for the transfer of bodily fluids.

A person is considered contagious when prodromal symptoms, active sores, and healing lesions are present.

Herpes is potentially contagious when no symptoms are present. That is, a person who has genital herpes is potentially always shedding active virus.

Approximately 1 in 6 members of the general infected population is thought to shed active virus occasionally without symptoms.

Some people do not get typical blister-like sores but harbor active virus in their saliva, vaginal, or penile secretions, and can shed the virus without knowing they have herpes.

Lesions can occur deep inside the vagina where they cannot be seen or felt, but can readily transmit the virus.

An uninfected individual has about a 75% chance of contracting herpes during intimate contact with someone actively shedding virus.

Oral herpes can be transmitted to the genitals, and vice versa. Symptoms are similar.

Auto-inoculation: An infected individual can spread the virus to other parts of his or her body by touching an area shedding virus and then touching, scratching, or rubbing another susceptible part of the body. Towels are especially conducive to this.

It is possible for a person to contract genital herpes if the partner with oral herpes performs oral sex. Oral herpes can be transmitted to the genitals, and vice versa. Symptoms are similar.

Environmental surfaces like toilet seats may be a source of contagion, but there is no evidence that this poses a real threat to the general population. Experts differ as to how long the virus can survive on its own. The primary cause of infection remains intimate contact.
    Genital Herpes Information Page

I've a book called, Merck Manual of medical information (M.M.M.I.), it says that the virus can be dorment in a person for their whole life, and that means they can spread with out knowing. Your safest bet, get tested, and make your partner/s get tested. The M.M.M.I. also says that oral secretions are how, HSV1 is transmitted. That means you can do something as small as taking a drag off someone's smoke, or hit off a joint, or drinking from some one's drink who had this. But that is OK, you will porbably only get a cold sore, however, if you preform oral sex, or use spit for lubrication during sex, you have a high chance of getting herpes. If the blisters become open sores then heal with a thin yellow crust, then your chances of having herpes is very high.

I strongly urge both of you two to get an STD check. Just to be sure, besides, even if you are clean, it's still good to know when you were last free of and STD, should you contract one. IT's just resposible sexual behaviour, as well as repectable.

Have you had any changes in medications or started any medications? Maybe changed something you wear like your panties, if you got new one's it could be an allergic reation, but I doubt that. Do you use lubrication, sorry I'm assuming you are sexually active, if so are you alergic to anything in it?

Don't mess with them, other than to look at them. Try not to touch them, as that can cause them to pop, and you may not want that. Keep it dry and try not to rub it.

If your bumps are raised and red, watch them closely, because if they become flat, then turn into concave white, chancre sores. They may not hurt, but if you push near them they will release a clear discharge, highly infectious. This would be the symptoms of Syphilis.

Your bumps can also be caused by stress, anxiety, and things of that nature. When we are understress we can develop rashes, blisters, twitches, pains, aches, hives, and more. If you've bin under stress lately you may just need to find a healthy outlet.

I hope this helps, with more info I'd probably have more for you. Both of you...

May Peace and kindness be with you.
    unknown2u22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Twinkedotter is an idiot. It is not herpes. I have not been intimiate for about a year now and I have recently started getting them myself.
    haze Posts: 89, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2009, 05:29 PM

Sometimes you can have herpes virus in your system for years without actually getting one, Then suddenly they may just appear.
    If you haven't had sex for a year or so does not mean you don't have the virus.
    alwaysfocused Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 10:14 AM
    I have two bumps in my vagina they don't hurt when I touch they are small, the bumps are each side of my vagina and their red or pinkish like the same color as my vagina and I haven't had sex for 6 months now and I would never!! Ever have sex again yuck but I did test for hiv twice in April and July I had bought home kits and sent for results and the results said I don't have it but I am a little worried about these bumps I do get bumps occasionally due to me shaving my vagina everyday so I don't know what do because I lost my job and I can't go to a gyn to check so I'm have been researching a lot but I start freaking about all the result of stuff I found online . And lately my vagina do twitch a little from time to time maybe from lack of sex I don't know lmao wow but anyway help I'm curious what you guys may think thanks...
    alwaysfocused Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 10:14 AM
    I have two bumps in my vagina they don't hurt when I touch they are small, the bumps are each side of my vagina and their red or pinkish like the same color as my vagina and I haven't had sex for 6 months now and I would never!! Ever have sex again yuck but I did test for hiv twice in April and July I had bought home kits and sent for results and the results said I don't have it but I am a little worried about these bumps I do get bumps occasionally due to me shaving my vagina everyday so I don't know what do because I lost my job and I can't go to a gyn to check so I'm have been researching a lot but I start freaking about all the result of stuff I found online . And lately my vagina do twitch a little from time to time maybe from lack of sex I don't know lmao wow but anyway help I'm curious what you guys may think thanks...
    blueeyeswonder Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 05:18 AM

Hi Love I Think It Might Be A Boil You Can Get Them Trough Stress Or Chapped Hair
    I Had 1 But Dnt Touch it Just Put Some Cream On It With A Bit Off Cotton Wool!! Don't Try And Pop It Cause I Done It Now I Have A Scare Lol xxx
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 06:11 PM

We cannot offer a diagnosis on the internet.

You should all keep in mind that this girl may just take your advice, avoid the doctor and then end up with something far more serious then what you suggested.

The doctor is the only option. No one on this site can accurately diagnose this over the internet. All they can do is guess. Would you bet your life on a guess? I wouldn't.

Doctor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on vagina [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 15, nearing 16 years old. I have had a "bump" on the outside of my vagina under pubic hair. It feels like a large... Bug bite, except this "bump" has been there for several months, if not a bit longer. At one point, puss came out from it after taking a shower, as it would from, perhaps a...

Bumps on Vagina [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 17 and have never had sexual intercourse. About two weeks ago, I discovered this sort of bump thing on the outer part of my vagina under some hair. It has grown a little since then, both grown up and wider. It used to resemble a pimple, but not so much now. It's the color of a bruise and is...

Bumps on my vagina [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I am wondering about some bumps I found on my vagina... they barely hurt if touched, don't itch, don't burn, and don't smell. I don't know what to do and I am freaking out about them!! Please help! :confused:

Bumps on the vagina [ 13 Answers ]

I have these bumps on my vagina. One the lips close to the inner part of my vagina. They are hard under the skin. I though it was ingrown hairs because I have had them before I even started to have sex. I went to my gyno ans she told me that it was not ingrown hairs but it appears that something is...

Bumps On Vagina [ 3 Answers ]

Last week I was shaving my vagina in the bathroom with an old razor. A day or two after small bumps (somewhat like acne) appeared on the outside of my vagina (close to my leg). Should I be worried? And yes I have been sexually active. Someone please help.

View more questions Search