Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cashu1947 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Rotten Egg smell in Bathroom When Hot Water is ON
    We get a rotten egg smell when the hot water is turned on in a bathroom. We are on city water. It last for about 5 minutes or more and then goes away. It starts up a again the next time we use the faucet. Have no clue and this has been happening for a few years now. MiKE
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 04:32 PM

Has your water heater been replaced recently? Or I should say, was the water heater replace a few years ago when this problem started?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 18, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Is the smell limited to one faucet or is it in all your faucets? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water rotten egg smell [ 12 Answers ]

I have had an ongoing problem with cold water rotten egg smell. Several years ago, I started to notice a rotten egg smell coming from the main bathroom cold water only. I had a man a water softening company come out to test for sulfur which he said there was no sulfur present and was likely...

Rotten Egg Smell in water [ 9 Answers ]

I have read the post about water smelling like rotten eggs but I have not seen any quick solutions to the problem. If there are some plumbers out there that know of a Do-it-yourself way of fixing this please post. I have been in my house for 9 years and once in a great while the water will...

Smell of stale water in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently started using more frequently the shower over our bath. We have only ever used the bath before as we have an ensuite shower. Not long after using it we noticed a smell of stale water. Not sure where it is coming from. Don't think it is the drains as we have had baths before with...

Smell in the water of only the upstairs bathroom faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sulfur smell (I think) in the water of the upstairs bathroom faucets. The smell is defiantly in the water coming out of the faucet and not sewage gas coming from the drain. It started about a year ago and as not spread to any other water outlets in the house. I have shocked the well twice...

Rotten egg smell from cold water [ 1 Answers ]

We have a new house with a new well and get a rotten egg smell periodically from some of the cold water faucets. The contractor found there wasn't a cap on a vent pipe that is located under the kitchen sink and replaced it (I don't see pipes coming through the roof only the one under the kitchen...

View more questions Search