Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauraloo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 01:53 PM
    How do I get rid a wasp nest in the ground
    I have a wasp nest in my horsde field. It has lots of holes going into it. I have poured petrol down some holes and set fire to them - getting rid of some, but there are still quite a few about and hae foud another hole. What is the best way to get rid of them.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 02:20 PM

If that didn't work I don't think anything will.
    Maybe trying that again might work a second time.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Whatever you use to treat the holes, you need to treat ALL the holes. Take a day to examine the field at dusk to find all the holes. If you use petrol, don't light it. The fumes work much better than the explosion.

I would use a dust insecticide rather than petrol... something that will coat the entire nest.
    ccrb Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Believe it or not, detergent, such as Ivory Liquid, for dishes, works well. Pour into holes, then put hose down hole and fill with water. Best done near nightfall.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 05:37 PM

Delta dust applied at nightfall preferably with a duster. Just did it yesterday to a nest that stung me 7 times. Its an extremely fine dust so wear a resperator.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 09:53 AM

Here is a source I've used: http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.co...?criteria=bees

The bellow duster and Delta-Dust.
    Hudd02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraloo View Post
    I have a wasp nest in my horsde field. it has lots of holes going into it. I have poured petrol down some holes and set fire to them - getting rid of some, but there are still quite a few about and hae foud another hole. What is the best way to get rid of them.
    If they are yellow with dark brown stripes, they are likely yellow jackets. Some say they are in the wasp family, but I strongly feel that they are hornets. Hit the holes with the gas, after dark {they are as blind as we are after dark}, but don't set fire to it. The fumes will soak down deeper and do more damage than burning them off. The survivors will eventually give up and move far out of range of you. Ken
    TGMcCallie Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2009, 02:26 PM

I used a funnel and poured about a gallon of gasoline down the hole and it killedthem and a bigt patch of my lawn. I had another one the other day and did not want to kill my lawn so I went to a local garden supply store and theytold me to mix 4 teaspoons of liquid seven and 1 gallon of water. Mix real good and use the same procedure to pour the entire gallon of mixture down the hold after dark. I did and not a one of the yellow jackets came out at that time or never again. Killed them dead. And did not kill my lawn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is this wasp? [ 6 Answers ]

I need help in identification of this black-yellow wasp/bee. It has nearly the same size that of a hover fly. It makes nest in ground. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lDfVXMCBuu0/Sn6_9OAcmdI/AAAAAAAADbo/QE0pmYhEz2w/s1600-h/wasp-2.jpg

Common nest for cats [ 1 Answers ]

I have several cats that all became pregnant around the same time. Now that they are having the kittens they are sharing the same nest. Is this common for cats to share the same nest? Do I need to be concerned about this behavior?

How does the bird know its own nest [ 2 Answers ]

How does the bird know its own nest

Wasp Infestation [ 3 Answers ]

Eighteen days ago, I found many wasps in my apartment and called the maintenance man for help. He killed them and used a spray on the outside bricks where he saw wasps going through a hole in the mortar to their nest in my wall. I asked for an exterminator to help with the problem Making a long...

Wasp, how to get rid of them [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best spray to use or the best natural way to get rid of wasp

View more questions Search