Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    byheck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Wiring switch lamp with two bulbs
    I have a replacement swich for a lamp with two bulbs, OK two wires are from source, two wires go to extra bulb, 4 wires three conector swich, Which order do these wires get connected?

Thanks
    BH
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:43 PM

4 wire, 3 Position? You will need to determine the Common on the switch, If it is 4 wire, 3 position switch, you "might" have to cap off a wire. That may have been for 3 sets of lights.
    I have seen 3 wire switches, a common and a wire for 2 sets of light(s).
    The switching is like: Off, 1 set of lights, other set of lights, both sets of lights, and off.. repeat.
    Neutral connects from source to all lights neutrals(whites), and does not connect to switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a lamp [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a box made of children's block with several spaces between the blocks with a solid base and a hinged top with security hasp which can be locked. I plan to install a lamp stem and socket to the top and a small socket inside for a night light. I need to know how to install a...

2 circuit lamp switch [ 1 Answers ]

Need to wire 2 circuit switch to a fixture Need help with wiring diagram. Need to know what wires go were

Wiring a 3 way lamp [ 3 Answers ]

I am rewiring an old electrical hurricane lamp that has a small bulb in the bottom part and a regular bulb in the top. The appliance has 3 connector poles (one copper and two silver). What wires go where? There are two wires, one connected to the outlet and one from the small bult in the bottom...

What's the configuration for a 2 switch/2 lamp circuit where one lamp's always ON [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what is the switch and wiring configuration for a 2 switch/2 lamp circuit where one lamp is always ON? This configuration is rarely used, but it IS used, nevertheless, in small apartment buildings where there is a hallway and a long, dark stairway to the upper floor. There are...

View more questions Search