Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicky2009 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Chewing Tobacco
    How long does it take to get chewing tobacco out of you system . I stopped chewing a week ago and I have to take a urine test for life Insurance is it going to show up. Is there some way to get it out of my system
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:43 AM
    I don't know if chewing tobacco will actually show up in urine, especially a week after the fact, unless you're actually swallowing it. And it is possible that you may be inadvertently swallowing small amounts, albeit not deliberately. But regardless, honesty is your best policy and you should be truthful with your insurance company about your tobacco use.
    vicky2009 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    I don't know if chewing tobacco will actually show up in urine, especially a week after the fact, unless you're actually swallowing it. And it is possible that you may be inadvertently swallowing small amounts, albeit not deliberately. But regardless, honesty is your best policy and you should be truthful with your insurance company about your tobacco use.
    I am honest with my Insurance agent and even asked him and he didn't know. I just was wondering if it would how up.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:14 PM

It's my understanding that nicotine tests positive for between 48 and 72 hours, depending on level of usage and how much was swallowed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 06:28 PM

It is very likely your insurance company will ask you to sign a statement that you have not used tobacco or any nicotine substitute for a year. Nicotine may be out of your system in 72 hours but they are thinking of giving you a non-smoker insurance rate and usually specify a length on non-use.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 07:26 PM

If you put down on the application that you are not using tobacco, it does not matter "what" you told the agent, all that matter is what you put in writing.

The urine test I doubt is for tobacco but for a dozen other things.

On the tobacco, what normally happens if you check no you don't use, if they latter prove you do, they can either deny payment of the claim or they may reduce the payment of the claim to a lower coverage of what a user would have gotten at the same premuim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is chewing tobacco really that different? [ 11 Answers ]

A friend of mine told me that he was able to quit smoking using the patch but that it wasn't strong enough for his buddy who chews tobacco. The other guy has tried wearing two of the strongest nicotine patches and still craves nicotine. Is there a stronger patch available? A long time ago, he quit...

Acid name in Tobacco [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the acid which is present in tobacco? And what will happen if we put calcium hydroxide in tobacco (calcium hydroxide being a base and acid in tobacco)?

On tobacco, booze, and pot [ 23 Answers ]

Oh, boy--ex is going to love me for this one... :cool: I was thinking over the weekend about the differences between tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana. Oddly enough, I was doing so while on my back patio enjoying a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, a chew of Levi Garrett, and listening to Willie Nelson's...

Is it possible to quit chewing Tobacco once you get hooked? How [ 1 Answers ]

My son says once you start you are hooked for life. Is this true ? And if not what is the best way to quit?

Quitting tobacco [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, one of my friend was addicted of chewing tobacco from last 10 years, one day he got pain so he leave his habit after leaving tobacco he got ulcer in whole mouth tongue and throat, doctor told him it's a withdrawl effect but that after taking medicine all ulcers decreasing day by day. But at...

View more questions Search