Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bskinner57 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Foot pain on side of foot
    Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Hi,
    Here is a link with good info, in regards to different areas of the foot:
    http://www.epodiatry.com/foot-pain.htm

I am not a Doctor nor a Podiatrist. So anything I say would only be guess.
    Sometimes, tendons are hurt, or could be a nerve. Could also be a muscle strain.
    If it continues for another couple of weeks, I would definitely go to a Podiatrist (foot doctor). If none is available in your local area, then I would see a MD (Doctor).
    I do wish you the best best of luck.
    livinsloher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
    If you find out please let me know... I am having the same problem. It is like stabbing pain on the right side of my foot. I was wearing sandals and when I changed my shoes it helped a little bit but not enough!
    mitakash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 04:05 AM
    You might have cubiod syndrome. That's what I had, its pain on outerside of the foot and cubiod bone is popped out of place. A podiatrist can fix this pretty easily or at least for me. I was in severe pain, hard to put weight on it and was walking with a limp. He was able to fix it pretty fast
    xcrunner321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bskinner57
    Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is?? Thanks..

I am having the same problem. I am a long distance runner. I run just about 7 days a week. And I have been having pain on my left foot on the outside of it. The pain gets worse after the runs. But some days I am in so much pain when I run I have to stop. The pain is about half way from my heel to my toes and is very tender to the touch. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    ldaub94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Yeah, I have the same problem I think. I am in my high school colorguard, and we were learning a new dance move. I landed on my foot wrong, and I heard a loud pop so I immediately thought I broke my foot. I couldn't put pressure on my foot, and when my mom picked me up she wanted to take me to the hospital. I was able to move my toes so she didn't. I know I didn't break my foot, but I am not sure what I did do. It hurts on the top of my foot in the middle. It's on the right side of my right foot. I really want to know what happened ansd my parents don't want to take me to the doctor. I am limping around every where and sometimes I can walk on it more than other times. I can't put on my tennis shoe so I wear flip flops everywhere. I f anyone haas any tips for helping it get better faster, please post or email me with the subject of Right side foot pain so I know its not junk mail. My email address is [email protected] so please help!
    emkud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 10:16 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I've been reading on WebMD and seem to have somewhat targeted my foot ailment... I wear heels day in and day out, but wore flip flops for the first time in months (all day walking) and now I can't walk at all without a limp. It has caused me to stay home from work today, so I'm heading to the doctor! Eeek... not cool, be good to your feet!
    dawnie48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 10:08 PM
    Well I have the same problem, so I would be eternily grateful if someone has an answer, I am a nurse, on my feet all day, it hurts so much I come home from work and sit, because it hurts so much to walk, I also walk with a limp, I have tried support bandage, but that does not help much, I still have to limp when walking, it is certainly not ABOVE the eyebrows.
    DBoy00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Hi Dawnie, Many of these posters within the last 3 years are probably suffering from tendinitis of the peroneus longus tendon, a tendon between your pinky toe and your heel, closer to the heel.

I am unlucky enough to have injured it as well.

It usually happens when you wear narrow shoes or uncomfortable shoes putting pressure on that tendon and moving it in an awkward position. It also happens during vigorous sports. I think I hurt myself during some competitive badminton. Happened yesterday and continually got worse.

It can also happen if you step wrong on to the side of your foot also injuring your ankle. Tendon pain usually ends up extending to pain of all the nerves in a line with that tendon. A tendon near my knee is starting to hurt as well.

I'm not a doctor but, if it is really bad you should see a doctor. But unless its serious the only things you can really do is prevent inflammation with ice and sports injury rubs. Then to accelerate healing, perform cold and hot baths of the affected area. Usually as hot water as you can stand and ice with water is the what the two buckets should consist of.

Put your foot in the cold bucket first if inflammed, then alternate ever 2-3 minutes. Ending with hot water if swelling has reduced and ending with cold if you still see any signs of swelling. This and general rest, ice, compression, elevation for most injuries can help. You can look up more on the internet.
    Suebeehonee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 09:13 PM

Gosh all of these answers sound good and the most promising advice is to get to the foot doctor. I have the same thing on my left foot in between the little toe and heel but more towards the ankle bone... actually a place where a shoe strap would hit. I have been wearing sport thongs and/or another very comfortable shoe most of the summer but think I might have slammed my foot into a big picture I have on the floor covering internet plugs. I think it was just one of those slams that happened and hurt and I went on ~ the pain started later. But, I do find that I walk better in a sport shoe that has a harder sole and a surface that is hard. Walking on carpet seems to make it feel worse. Surprisingly enough, a support bandage doesn't work for me either. I can get going on my walks if I have a firmer sole. It's been about 2 weeks and sometimes it appears to be getting better but then when I apply that aspirin cream, it hurts to touch it. The location of the soreness is very challenging to support. When a little toe is broken you can put a stretchy toe sock on it and tape it to another toe... it heals... what about this type of thing healing... best to see doctor... ouch!!
    watmesser000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
    I don't have an answer but I have been told that I have an "extra" bone on the outside of my foot, opposite of the arch. Have had an MRI and was told this AM they need another MRI to get a "better" look. Not sure what that means but the pain/burning is getting worse and a FIX is needed. Pain pills just not working - Hydrocodone (7.5/600) and 800 IBF just don't do anything. I'm looking for any answer
    DELTA331976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 11:32 AM
    All of these scenarios sound similar to mine. In my case I have had several low back operations for disc. Now I have lots of atrophy in both legs mostly left. The atrophy will cause pressure on the nerve and this pressure can cause pain and weaknes in the foot. I also have foot drop, causing serious pain. My POD Dr has prescribed orthotics for my feet. They will make a mold of my feet so I can use them in any shoes I wear. Not a cure but should help. Back problems can effect every part of your body. Ive had eleven operations between L3 L4 L5 S1 and a fusion at L4 L5
    DELTA331976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 11:34 AM

A great exercize that will help is ; walking on your heels if you can. Im trying this now and it does help to make the muscles stronger
    oceanview Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 02:18 PM
    I have pain in this area in both feet which started yesterday. Funnily enough I have played played badminton in the last few days (see answer, 2 above) and I also walked along way on concrete in very flat shoes after wearing heels all winter (see answer, 4 above). I'm sure one of these caused it but which one?

I have pain in this area in both feet which started yesterday. Funnily enough I have played played badminton in the last few days (see answer, 2 above) and I also walked along way on concrete in very flat shoes after wearing heels all winter (see answer, 4 above). I'm sure one of these caused it but which one?

meboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 05:13 PM
    I have the same problem and Google brought me here. Why didn't the original poster post the answer when they found out? Grr...
    rhadley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 12:34 PM
    Pain & swelling on top of footdirectly underlast three toes &pain runs up side of foot towards ankle.hurts to put pressure on foot
    missinrunnin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 04:20 PM
    I have had the same pain on the outside of my right foot (just forward of ankle) for 3 months. I've had an x-ray (nothing found) and phsio did ultrasound, laser and electrical impulses (not sure what that is called) for 7 sessions over 4 weeks that seemed to work for a while but back the pain came back again. I've been to the Podiatrist who gave me new orthotics. Starting to get frustrated (not to mention really missing the running). Any suggestions?
    elobed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 05:50 PM
    I thought I was alone. Mine is on the outside of my left foot, right in the middle 1/2 way from my toes down, and 1/2 way from my heel up. It's like a burning sensation sometimes, then other times it's painful to walk on. When I feel it, it's like a lump is there. It never stops burning, I am always aware of it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty Foot Odor smell [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has said that he smells something in our house that smells like dirty foot? He's smells in our living room and then the bedroom, the bedroom is above the garage and laundry room. The living room is at the top of the stairs. I thought he was crazy because I do not smell it. But then a...

Replacing old tub with claw foot tub on a slab [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing an old tub (american standard recessed tub) with a new claw foot tub. The only part I think I may have trouble with is connecting the drain. I don't think the drain line in the floor will be where it needs to be for the new tub. I am on a slab and wonder how they set...

Drywalling a 9 foot ceiling [ 7 Answers ]

May be a silly question, but how does one drywall a 9 foot ceiling? I'm guessing you hang your 4x8 (or 4x12) sheets horizontally and cut a one foot strip at the top or bottom (does it matter?)... Do they sell 4 1/2 dimension drywall? Thanks!

Increasing foot speed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 yr old who plays baseball and is very good except for foot speed. How do you increase the foot speed for a young person Ty

Injured foot... [ 0 Answers ]

I think I've possibly fractured my foot but I'm not 100% sure. As I was walking through my living room, my right baby toe got caught on a chair leg and was bent back. I just thought I had stubbed my toe, but I woke the next morning to a very swollen, bruised foot. The swelling and pain persisted...

View more questions Search