Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TGMcCallie Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2009, 07:44 AM
    2 GFI Outlets on same line
    I have 2 baths which have outlets on the same feeder line. I have one of them protected now with a GFI outlet. Can I add a GFI outlet to the other bathroom
    If so is there any special thing that I need to do with the wiring?

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:50 AM

You can add a regular receptacle in other Bath and hook to Load side of first Bath.
    Or Install Another GFI in the second Bath hooked onto the Line side, so if first Bath GFI trips, it will not trip out second Bath.

Aug 14, 2009, 08:44 AM

I have the other bath hooked to the other receptacle now. If the GFI trips then the other bath receptacle is tripped also. Is that OK as it seems to work but if it trips then I have to go into the bath that has the GFI outlet in order to restore the power.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:23 AM

It's fine.

Can't say it's ideal, but it's fine.

Two choices for bathrooms:

1.) The 20 amp circuit may supply bathroom receptacles and lights/fans or other accessories within that bathroom and nowhere else.

2.) You can supply receptacles in more than one bathroom but only the bathroom receptacles, nothing else can be on the circuit [(NEC 210.11(C)(3)].

Aug 14, 2009, 10:08 AM

Thanks for your help. Right on as usual.
    TG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a line in ryobi weedwhacker (dual line head) [ 1 Answers ]

What steps do I need to take to re-line my ryobi weed whacker. The spool has two positions for the line, which way am I to line the spool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is the best way to change 2 prong outlets to Three prong outlets? [ 7 Answers ]

Gentlemen, Im getting a bit of mixed info on this subject and am looking for some help. I have an old house (1950's) with 2 prong outlets and They were wired with old 2 wire rag wire with no ground. The house is on slab and has vaulted ceilings throughout with no attic access. I believe I have a...

Would buried outlets affect other nearby outlets ? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a house that had two buried electrical outlets. These outlets were capped with wire nuts and heavily wrapped with electrical tape. After moving in we realized that there other outlets that share that same wall that were not working.. Would these buried outlets cause a...

Utilizing a clothes washer line for an icemaker water line [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! A few years ago, I moved my washer/dryer from an inside washer/dryer inset located in my kitchen into the garage. I turned this area into a pantry and left both the hot and cold water valves protruding from the wall, as well as the 220 for the electric dryer. I'm tearing out the...

GFCI Line and other Load Outlets [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all. I have a 20 amp dedicated circuit with a GFCI installed in my downstairs bathroom, with an non-GFCI outlet (load) terminating into my upstairs bathroom. All 12/2. Can I run a fixture off the load line in between the two outlets, like a light and switch?

View more questions Search