Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kninee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Tiny hopping bugs in sinks and tubs
    I have tiny bugs in kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks and tub. Not in the shower stalls. They hop like fleas and they seem to be multiplying. What are they and how do I get rid of them. They don't fly, they hop.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 08:35 PM

Sounds like fruit flies to me, but they do fly.

They're tiny little annoying self producing pains in the bum!

If I'm right then it's not hard to get rid of them. They like rotting food, there's probably something in your sink that they're feeding off. Just pour some bleach in your sink.

Now to get rid of the ones already hatched. ;)

Get some wine, red works best, or beer. Pour enough to cover the bottom of a bowl. Touch the wine with the tip of your finger, that's it. Now just wait. The flies will be attracted to the wine, will go for a drink and then drown.

Voilą, you're fruit fly free.

That's if they're fruit flies. ;)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Fruit flies is a possibility. There are species that look like they're hopping as flight times are so short. Another possibility is some of the pantry beetle species.

What part of the world are you in?
    Can you describe them more precisely?
    Can you post a picture?

Answering these questions will help me help you.
    jmactx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Search for springtails on the internet. I have them in my tub and sink. My pest control company has been unable to get rid of them for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little tiny bugs [ 13 Answers ]

just lastnite I kept noticing I would itch in random places like something was crawling(the crawl pretty fast) on me and it was a very little bug smaller than a period.I have found one at a time randomly Do you know what kind of bug this could be?

Tiny bugs, look like a tiny brain [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, It is that time of year again and those brain bugs are back. They fly, are kind of grey and don't seem to do much. They are around my bay windows and other sills, one on a wall here and there but not as much as the Bay. I was told once they might be sill bugs. Have no idea where they come...

Water coming into tubs, sinks and under toilet [ 3 Answers ]

There was a gurgling bubbling sound and then water started flowing from the drains into all three tubs and the kitchen sink. Only one toilet had dirty smelling water coming out from underneath the toilet and floor. I keep coming across articles saying it is the main sewage line and a clog. Is this...

Sinks,Tubs Backing up [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause a bathroom sink and tub to back up when using a dishwasher or washing machine? ***We just had the septic tank emptied, thinking that this was the reason, since everything was backing up. Now I did a load of laundry and in the Kitchen Sink made a loud gurgle noise and then a few...

Sinks, Tubs, and drains overflow! [ 2 Answers ]

In June we purchased a 150+ year old farm house and we're just starting to get to know each other. About 3 weeks ago the 2nd floor tub was draining slow, but we really didn't think it was a big deal. A week later it clogs fully. For the past 2 weeks we've been dumping septic safe hair clog...

View more questions Search