Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosesbrand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 12:01 AM
    Why does my furnace puff loudly when first ignighting? It's a natural gas Hydro Therm with two burners. The pilot seems to be resting close to the primary burner? Help

My furnace seems to let out a loud pop when ignighting it's a natural gas two burner Hydro Therm pilot seems to be close to primary burner blue...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 05:42 AM
    A certain amount of that is normal. Is yours so obtrusive that you would notice similar ones when visiting other homes? If so, the pilot may not be positioned quite right. I think I am rather bold about my DIY projects, but maybe adjusting the position of the pilot is a job for a tech. So would turning it it up.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Hydro Therm primarily makes boilers, is this correct? Dirty burners and/or improper pilot size/alignment is almost always the cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big Bang & Ages of Earth/Universe [ 16 Answers ]

Has modern science proven the ages of the Universe and the Earth? Also, has science retreated on the theory of the Big Bang, or do most astronomers still hold to this theory?

Big bang & ages of earth/universe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a friend who claims that the earth is only 10,000 years old. He also says that the Big Bang never occurred as modern science says it did. Is there any "proof" of the age of the earth at around 4 billion years old? Also, is there any scientific "proof" that the Big Bang occurred...

Well pump starts with a BANG! [ 3 Answers ]

My well pump usually - but not always - starts with a major BANG! We had a new Goulds 7gpm pump installed a year ago. Several months later the water would stop flowing for a second, as the pump took too long to cut in after the low pressure trip point was reached. No air is getting into the...

Bang & Olufsen Equipment [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1972 BEOMASTER 1200 and BEOGRAM 1500 turntable, i.n.o.r. Is anyone interested in these items as a collector ?

Bang Bang Bang! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, thanks for reading and double thanks for replying! When the cold water valve is turned on in my bath tub, a very loud and rapid banging sound can be heard through out the house. It sounds like an MG42 machine gun, or even like a WW2 anti air flak cannon! The sound goes away as soon as the...

View more questions Search