Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 11:03 PM
    A man and an elephant
    In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University.

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee, inspected the elephant’s foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing, and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same f'ing elephant.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 02:38 AM

:eek:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    :eek:
    It's bad, but you can't help but laugh.

Okay, maybe I'm warped. ;)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:09 PM

It's awful! But I couldn't help laughing either lol
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 01:58 AM

True true...

Poor elephant, hope he wasn't very heavy :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old TV show, elephant costume [ 10 Answers ]

I see that there is a question similar to mine but I am asking anyway. I remember an old TV show, in the 70s I think, around the same time as the show The Monkees was on TV or it could have been part of The Monkees show, I cannot recall, but I need to know the name of the show with the elephone...

White Elephant [ 1 Answers ]

What's a good white elephant gift for a Christmas party? (Something that would be a hit, funny, wanted, etc.) How do I go about wrapping it and putting it in the pile of gifts to choose without people knowing it's mine?

Name of this book about a little elephant [ 2 Answers ]

Okay guys, I NEED to remember the name of this book... hopefully I can achieve this with a little help from all of you. It was a book I read in the 5th grade about an elephant... NOT Babar... it was a chapter book and I think the name of the little elephant was the name of the book and I THINK it...

Elephant extinction [ 3 Answers ]

What measures have been taken to preserve the african elephant population?

Dream of Elephant in my Subaru [ 5 Answers ]

I need some good dream interpreters to try this one: Early this morning I was dreaming about a young elephant, my dog (walker hound/lab cross) and my son out riding in my Subaru stationwagon and stopping by a lake for a breather. The young elephant was in the back seat with my dog and I walked...

View more questions Search