Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdsw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Asking Questions From a buddha statue.
    I know this may sound stupid but I really need some relief now.

I once went in front of a buddha statue and asked a question from the statue.Asking whether my girlfriend will ever leave me I accidentally said yes. You no my mind keeps interpreting it in a way that it was something magical. Can this happen or is it up to me to keepmy girlfriend. And can you ask favours from buddhist statues.

Please I really need some relief from this.

Can we have some kind of connection with the buddha...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 09:58 AM

YOU asked a question and YOU accidentally answered it?

I say it's up to you and your girlfriend to keep your relationship going. You can ask buddha, or any other god or goddess you or anyone else might believe in, anything you want. I can't think of any religion that guarantees you'll actually get everything you ask for though.

Aug 15, 2009, 03:52 AM
    I need the truth
    Hi,

I have a problem regarding Buddhism I went in front of a Buddhist statue and asked whether my girlfriend would ever leave me I love her very much. But at that time time I wasn't thinking straight and answered the question as yes this really bothers me because I wasn't thinking clearly.

Also my mind interprets it in ways that are unimanigable it keeps saying it is because of my good karma I said yes and these thoughts just really hurt me.

Can you please advice me I'm a strong Buddhist and I know this is not the right belief.

Please help deal with this problem you will be saving my life so please help me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 04:49 AM

I am not sure what you are saying happens
    But from what I can understand you are seeking signs and your mind is not thinking clearly. Then you are thinking that your unclear mind is giving you bad 'information'

I learned that my heart and my mind will 'argue' or 'tell me what I want to hear'
    But if you ingnore them and listen to your gut instinct that is usually the best thing to follow.

As a Christian I don't believe in looking to statute to help me but that's me and my belief

Aug 15, 2009, 04:55 AM

Please I need some more answers please help!!
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 05:03 AM

Maybe you need to explain better then

Like what does you having good karma have to do with your mind interpreting things in ways that are unimanigable

Aug 15, 2009, 05:20 AM

Please can a buddhist answer this question...
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 05:29 AM

A. Please do one post per topic
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/buddhi...th-387019.html

B. I don't think we have any Budda experts here

C. Statues do not have any magical answers.
    A true Buddhist would look within themselves and their spirit for the answer as I have already told you.
    Buddism is about reflecting into your inner being not material objects.

Aug 15, 2009, 05:49 AM

Hi I'm sorru I just wanted to know I'm just scared that's all thanks a lot...
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 05:53 AM

For one thing seeking answers from statues is showing that you are not secure enough with your own direction. You need to look at things from a spiritual perspective and within yourself.
    Spirituality is about streggthening your inner being.
    If you seek answers from outside sources you never grow.

read up on Ying Yan
    I think that is Hinduism though
    and it will help you a lot better than any statue can do for you.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 10:09 PM

The statue will not tellyou anything-in fact Buddha said "do not take what anyone (including himself-Buddha) says for granted, it is up to you to find your own answers", if what the Buddha says is agreeable to you AFTER testing it and analysing it YOURSELF, then take it on face value.
    Do not blindly BELIEVE, discover the truth for yourself. You asking a question of a statue will do nothing, you will only get the answer YOU give it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit Buddha tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to get this quote by buddha tattooed on me in traditional sanskrit or pali. "The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart." Could anyone give me the proper translation ? Thank you!!

Statue N.J.S. 2C:29-2a (2) [ 2 Answers ]

Why does this mean for an 18 year old What should he plead Does he need a attorney

Buddha quote to sanskrit [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am very interested in sanskrit language. Does anybody know sanskrit translation of: No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. Thank you very much If possible asap please...

Siddhartha/gautama buddha [ 1 Answers ]

I know the story about siddhartha. But is gautama buddha the same person Or a different person than Siddhartha

View more questions Search