Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2006, 10:26 PM
    'WORD' -- can you save text you highlight
    Into a separate file? Maybe split screen with new file? Would really help me out --
    Am reviewing very long pdf file ( svaed as word). Any help much appreciated!
    helper05 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
    If you are trying to print it, the pdf file should already have a print icon. If you are trying to copy and paste which is what it sounds like you are trying to do, then after you highlight what you want, go to the top of the screen where you see 'edit' and click on that, a window will drop down and then click on 'copy'. After you do that, go to where ever you want to put it (word for example) and again, click 'edit' and this time click 'paste'.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2006, 08:39 PM
    If it's a Word file its NOT a pdf file. Even if it is a PDF, if the copy feature is not disabled then you can copy and paste selected text into a new document.
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 11:07 AM
    After you hi-lite the text you want to keep, press 'CTRL+C' keys at the same time.
    This will copy the text into memory. Open a 'new' Word .doc file and press
    'CTRL+V' keys at same time. This will paste the 'hi-lited' text into the new file.
    Click File, Save As, etc.
    ravimr12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 06:13 AM
    I want to know how to join for AMIE in banglore
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ravimr12
    i want to know how to join for AMIE in banglore
    What is AMIE and what does it have to do with this thread?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS WORD loss of text [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the first five pages of a 30-page document, probably when 'somebody' put an object on the keyboard. I discovered the problem later and can only assume that the 'backspace' or 'delete' was pressed. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to recover the lost text from my hard disk please?...

Highlight too dark dyed hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair a light ash brown and it is really dark, esp. since I am a dark blonde normally. Should I wait for it to fade and continue to get funny looks from friends OR should I put some highlights in to break up the all over brown? I have only washed it once and underneath this new...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

MS WORD - save a .DOC - so it can not be edited [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) When I make a Word .doc. I want to save it so that when I send the .doc and the other party opens it It will not open so it can be edited... so I make a DOC. Send it via email... and they open my DOC. It opens it a form that they can also edit it. So how do I save a doc. That...

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search