Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deedee92 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Breasts leaking milk why?
    Hi my breasts are leaking milk and I don't know why I'm not sure if I'm preg's or not till next week when my period is due. If I'm not pregnant why are my boobs leaking is this normal?
    My youngest daughter is 5 yrs so its been a while since they have been in use. Lol:)
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2006, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deedee92
    hi my breasts are leaking milk and i dont know why i'm not sure if i'm preg's or not till next wk when my period is due. if i'm not preg why are my boobs leaking is this normal?
    my youngest daughter is 5 yrs so its been a while since they have been in use. lol:)
    Umm if your breasts are leaking milk more than likely you are pregnant. You can still have your period and be pregnant. Usually your breast don't start leaking till your 4+ months along
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 29, 2006, 06:26 AM
    How old are you?

Have you done a breast self exam to see if you have any masses in your breasts?

You should visit a doctor to find out what is going on.

Oct 29, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for reply I'm 28 yrs old. And I'm leaking from one boob not the 2 do you think its something serious?:(
    Expert

Oct 29, 2006, 06:37 AM
    I don't know for sure. You need to make a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning though.

It could be a number of things that are either minor or major from simple hormonal disturbances all the way to breast cancer (notice my pink ribbon, I am a 10 year breast cancer survivor).

So you can see that it is important to get a diagnosis straight from your doctor.

Oct 29, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Thanks for reply,
    I'm now hopping I am pregnant, the thought of it being something more is scarey,
    I'll make an appointment first thing and let you know the outcome. Thank you so much for the advice. Xx
    Expert

Oct 29, 2006, 06:57 AM
    It could be nothing more than hormones, or mastitis. Which is an inflammation of the breast tissue that antibiotics can clear up.

Yes, breast cancer can be scary to some. But was the best thing that ever happened to me. So, it is all a matter of mind.
    clare24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 01:58 AM
    Hi deedee I can't really give u any answers as I too am unsure about a leaking boob.
    I got in from work last night got in bath and 1 of mine was so I'm guna take a test today.
    And if its negative ill see if it happens again and go the docs

Good luck hun x

Let us know how you get on
    Leeann89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 08:26 AM

Hi there, I'm going through the same problem, was only today I found my boobs leaking, I'm 1 week away from my period due date so I'm not sure if I am pregnant, me and my partner have been trying ALL month thou so I am hoping for a pregnancy, I have never nown anyone 2 get milk so early thou as I have a son of 11 month already :D xx
    fisk Posts: 147, Reputation: 5

Jul 27, 2009, 11:59 AM

Breasts leaking can also be due to a hormonal imbalance, high prolactine. I had very high prolactine at some point(no special reason, definitely not pregnant!) and I was told I might experience that. Thankfully, I didn't, but it could be that. Your doctor will tell you.
    katiemarienich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 01:18 PM
    Hi I'm due today hasent come and are leeking little drops of milk my last period last month was weird 2 days on then 2 days off am I pregnant please help
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2011, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemarienich View Post
    hi im due today hasent come and are leeking little drops of milk my last period last month was weird 2 days on then 2 days off am i pregnant please help
    You could always try a pregnancy test and see what results you get (be sure to follow the directions exactly). Have you been pregnant before?

It could just be due to hormone changes with your cycle and your period will show up any day.
    Plylerkristi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 12:14 AM
    Hi my name is kristi no I'm also leaking only from 1. Ive taken a lot of home pregnancy test but all was negative. Its been about 4 months since my ex and I. I have in regular periods so its hard to tell if I am pregnant. I cnt go to the doc because I have no insurance. I a big girl so pregnancy test don't work in me. What should I do?
    kimberlymeyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
    I'm also having that same thing I also scared because I'm on depo and I want to be pregnant I think I'm be
    Marieherron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Hi I'm 27 years old and I have a 17 month old son and I noticed today both my breasts are leaking milk I currently have a contraceptive implant rod in and shouldn't be pregnant why could I be leaking milk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much sugar is in milk? [ 12 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar does an 8 ounce glass of milk provide?

Leaking Breasts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a almost 7 month old son, who would not breastfeed from day one, When he was about 2 monthes my breasts stopped producing milk and weeping, Today I woke up and my breasts were leaking, not milk but the clear fluid before I get the milk, could I be pregnant again ? Thank you, ...

65 year old slightly leaking from both breasts [ 1 Answers ]

My mum who is 65 years old is slightly leaking from both her breasts . She does take a cocktail of medications for various illnesses.She suffers from Angina , Diabettes, high blood preesure,colities and anemia .She was wondering if if could be her medication that was causing this problem .Could you...

Milk Production [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. My females teets are getting big. She had puppies 5 months ago, and they had almost gone back to normal up until she went into estrus. They usually get bigger after a heat cycle then go back down. She was in heat about 4 weeks ago they never really...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search