Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milk for sale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Refrigerator losing cooling
    My maytag refrigerator lower section is losing cooling. It was turned off for 2 days and turned back on and the freezer worked well and the lower frig was cool. The freezer now has frost on the back wall - but still very clod- but the frig below is slowly losing its cooling.
    What's happening?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Do you have the fridge and freezer settings both in the middle?
    I know I had a couple refrigerators that I set up to the coldest temp and they did the same thing and I thought they were bad but found out if you set them too cold then the freon can freeze up.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Check the air flow. All the cooling goes on in the freezer compartment. The refridigerator section is cooled by a thermostatic controlled fan that circulates air from the freezer into the refrigerator. Make sure that there is nothing in the freezer or the refrigerator blocking the vents.
    Zisam81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Check the ventilation fan whether it is working or not. If yes, then the cooling system is running out of refrigerant. You have to find the leak, rectify and refill the refrigerant.
    Strategizer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 02:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Check the air flow. All the cooling goes on in the freezer compartment. The refridigerator section is cooled by a thermostatic controlled fan that circulates air from the freezer into the refridgerator. Make sure that there is nothing in the freezer or the refrigerator blocking the vents.
    Harold, how strong is the fan to the fridge? I feel a little air flow, but it seems pretty weak. Not knowing what is normal, should it be that way? And does it only come from the top on this fridge? If I want to check the fan, where is it physically located? Thanks. I hope you are still out there.

:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator Is Not Cooling [ 13 Answers ]

I have a GE refrigerator (TBX24JABRRWW) is not cooling adequately. I have vacuum all the dust bunnies from under, around the coils and back of the refrig, and everything appear to be working, but inside the refrigerator department, it is not keeping a cooler temperature even after I adjusted...

Refrigerator stopped cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have a Kenmore top freezer model 253.71822106. I few weeks back I noticed some condensation (and re-freezing) building up on the top shelf of my fridge. I just dealt with it, but now it has stopped cooling altogether (I'm not sure if these are related, just giving back info). The...

Refrigerator not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a 5 yr. old Kenmore side by side. It is running, but everything is warm inside. I had a repairman come out yesterday and he cleaned all of the coils, the fan is clear, the condenser was very hot. He told me to turn it off for the night and turn it back on in the morning and it...

Maytag Refrigerator not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag refrigerator is at a temp of 50 degrees and will not get cooler regardless of the setting, the freezer seems to be working OK. Any suggestions?

Amana refrigerator quit cooling [ 1 Answers ]

The freezer portion of my Amana refrigerator would not keep ice cream frozen. Then the bottom portion of the refrigerator quit cooling. Can this appliance be fixed by an amateur like me? I already have a question on-line about my washing machine. Hope someone can help answer my questions.

View more questions Search