Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izumi_puppy Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 07:55 AM
    My weight won't go down
    I have a question.

I'm trying to lose weight, so I ecxreise but I won't go down. I don't want to do surgry

What should I do?

Tips and other stuff might help.

Thanks
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:22 PM

What's your diet like? How much are you exercising? What kind of exercise? How much do you weigh? Or much do you want to weigh?
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 22, 2009, 01:35 PM

Justcurious has some good questions.

Drinking water and eating a balanced diet does wonders when coupled with a rigorous work out routine. But of course, you have to start slow and build up to the point where you can handle it.

Do you have a work out buddy? These can be especially helpful, and help to push you (I know sometimes I completely lack motivation!). If you find a balanced diet and exercising isn't helping, talking to a dietician or nutritionist, or even your doctor. Perhaps there is an underlying medical issue that needs to be addressed.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Two questions: how much do you weigh now and how much do you want to lose? In general, weight loss is best achieved by a combination of aerobic exercise, such as running and cycling, and diet. Stick to lean meats and fish, fruits, vegetables and complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat bread. Drink mostly water, no sugary sodas, no milk and limit alcohol (if you're of age and so inclined to use alcohol to begin with.)
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:18 PM

Agreed to all the previous questions.

I also want to know how old you are? Age can make a difference in your metabolism.

Have you recently (or not recently) given birth to a child?

How are you eating? You can excersize all you want but 6 double bacon cheeseburgers a day isn't going to help ;) (im not saying you are eating this way just an example)

Aside from all that,
    Have you considered seeing your doctor and having your thyroid checked? And other hormones?
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 25, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by izumi_puppy View Post
    I have a question.

I'm trying to lose weight, so i ecxreise but i wont go down. I dont want to do surgry

What should i do?

tips and other stuff might help.

thanks

Be more specific then that Muh! I can't help you lose those love handles if that's all you are given me.

Eat less, do cardio and stay away from junk and fried food.

Jul 25, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    what's your diet like? how much are you exercising? what kind of exercise? how much do you weigh? or much do you want to weigh?
    Well I don't do a diet, I don't exercise much. And I weigh 108 pounds

Jul 25, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCrook View Post
    Be more specific then that Muh! I can't help you lose those love handles if thats all you are given me.

Eat less, do cardio and stay away from junk and fried food.
    Sorry
    epawls Posts: 103, Reputation: 16

Jul 25, 2009, 07:09 AM
    There are sooo many ways to loose unwanted weight. If you want to simply do it through diet... eat smaller meals more often during the day. Do not consume food to the point of "feeling full". Just eat enough to satisfy your hunger. Drink more water. Stay away from soda. Also avoid starchy or carbohydrate packed foods. Eat salad, yogurt, high protein shakes... supplement your diet with psyllium husk tablets (metamucil). They can give you that feeling of being "full" without being physically full and they are great for digestive health.
    Join a gym. Do fat burning, not cardio workouts. Do an exercise that is roughly 60-65% of your max heart beat for at least 30-40 minutes up to 5 times a week. This percentage heart rate has been linked to the maximum amount of fat burn and the workout is not all that intense. Switch your routine up from day to day-week to week. Get on all the machines, bicycle, tread mill, rower, stair climber, elliptical, climber... whatever they offer, jump on it and switch it up every few days. Do the bike for a week or so, then do the elliptical for a week or so. Do light weight, high rep weight training routines. Buliding muscle increases your body's ability to burn calories.
    Be careful with weight training though. You may not lose weight and actually gain weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. As you burn fat and build muscle, your body's weight will stay relatively unchanged, but your fat to muscle ratio will change.
    If you eat right and exercise properly, the weight will have no option other than to drop off you. If 6 months roll by and there is no change in your fat to muscle ratio... consult a physician.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Well i don't do a diet, i don't exercise much. and i weigh 108 pounds
    Well at 108 pounds I doubt that you need to lose any weight unless you're only 4 ft. 5 in. tall.

Jul 25, 2009, 08:51 PM

Wow, yeah. Don't lose any more weight girl, or the wind will blow you away!

Jul 28, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by epawls View Post
    There are sooo many ways to loose unwanted weight. If you want to simply do it through diet...eat smaller meals more often during the day. Do not consume food to the point of "feeling full". Just eat enough to satisfy your hunger. Drink more water. Stay away from soda. Also avoid starchy or carbohydrate packed foods. Eat salad, yogurt, high protein shakes...supplement your diet with psyllium husk tablets (metamucil). They can give you that feeling of being "full" without being physically full and they are great for digestive health.
    Join a gym. Do fat burning, not cardio workouts. Do an exercise that is roughly 60-65% of your max heart beat for at least 30-40 minutes up to 5 times a week. This percentage heart rate has been linked to the maximum amount of fat burn and the workout is not all that intense. Switch your routine up from day to day-week to week. Get on all the machines, bicycle, tread mill, rower, stair climber, elliptical, climber...whatever they offer, jump on it and switch it up every few days. Do the bike for a week or so, then do the elliptical for a week or so. Do light weight, high rep weight training routines. Buliding muscle increases your body's ability to burn calories.
    Be careful with weight training though. you may not lose weight and actually gain weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. As you burn fat and build muscle, your body's weight will stay relatively unchanged, but your fat to muscle ratio will change.
    If you eat right and exercise properly, the weight will have no option other than to drop off you. If 6 months roll by and there is no change in your fat to muscle ratio...consult a physician.
    See my problem is that I don't do a deit and every time I exerise it won't go down

Jul 28, 2009, 08:45 AM

You don't need to lose anymore weight, Homeslice!

You're very small as it is, and losing anymore could result in some medical issues, not to mention anorexia. >.>
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 10:54 AM

A diet doesn't necessarily mean anything special. I stick to a specific diet but in general I try to stay away from fried foods, really fatty foods, and high fructose corn syrup. A diet is really just what sorts of foods you eat. But I wouldn't recommend you even trying to lose anymore weight. 108 is not very much at all. Unless you're very, very short. How tall are you?
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Gosh 108 is very small! Sometimes when I get down to 125 people say that I look tiny. It depends on your height, but you sound like you definitely do not need to loose weight.

Aug 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    a diet doesn't necessarily mean anything special. i stick to a specific diet but in general i try to stay away from fried foods, really fatty foods, and high fructose corn syrup. a diet is really just what sorts of foods you eat. but i wouldn't recommend you even trying to lose anymore weight. 108 is not very much at all. unless you're very, very short. how tall are you?
    I'm 152 cm.

Aug 2, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgb77 View Post
    Gosh 108 is very small! Sometimes when I get down to 125 people say that I look tiny. It depends on your height, but you sound like you definitely do not need to loose weight.
    Well I'm doing this for my mom and she said that she needs 100 pounds
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 05:26 PM

How does your losing weight help your mom gain weight?
    DID she specifically tell you to lose weight?
    How old are you?

You are 5 foot and 108 lbs is perfect for that height.

I think you better have a talk with your mom I am sure she didn't mean you need to lose weight.
    How many lbs do you plan on 'giving' her??

I use to tease my kids all the time that they could have some of my weight but it just doesn't happen that way in reality!

***ANOTHER bored (*T word) teen??
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Aug 2, 2009, 09:30 PM
    I have a question.

I'm trying to lose weight, so i ecxreise but i wont go down. I dont want to do surgry

What should i do?

tips and other stuff might help.

thanks
    Before I can or should help you. Can you answer a few questions please?

1st question; Why do you want to lose weight?

2nd question; How old are you ?

This is a BMI scale *Body Mass Index* and it determines approximately where you SHOULD be for your height/ weight status.

If you are 108 pounds at 5 feet, you DON'T need to lose ANY weight at all. You are in the middle of the "healthy weight" range. Unless you are training for some sort of sport like wrestling, gymnastics or cheer leading.. weight loss is not needed. Instead of looking at "losing weight" why don't you look at "eating healthy?" It's a MUCH better alternative to becoming so skinny that anorexia appears, heart diseases become apparent and eating disorders start to kick in.

From the way you are typing and the height/ weight that you are. I am going to assume you are a young girl. That of course.. unless you are a illiterate dwarf which I found quite improbable.

Stay away from junk food and eat healthy, no need to lose any more weight! The only person that you should listen to is a health professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat won't eat, losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, last Friday my cat was throwing up green bile was not eating or drinking and just hiding and she meowed when I picked her up, we took her to the vet she had a temperature of 106 and she had an infection so the vet gave us some antibiotics and some nutrience, slowly she started getting better...

Why won't my dog gain weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I am very worried about my dog. She had a litter of pups 4 weeks ago and she has lost a massive amount of weight and she keeps losing it. She is a Shepard/Husky mix, she should weigh between 50-70 lbs but she only weighs 22 lbs. I currently have her on purina puppy chow and I don't want to switch...

Skinny dog won't gain weight [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys I have a femail pitbull who is just over a year, she only weighs about 60 to 65 pounds I've been to the vet about 3 times she doesn't have worms or nethign else wrong with her the problem is that is to skiny and hasn't gained any height nor width I'm feeding her on the regular basis and...

Won't gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Pit bull and he eats a good amount of food but he still won't put any weight on in his hind end, I don't know what to do?

View more questions Search