Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Yeah, whether I am hiding something or not, this is a power that is all too often abused by police. I won't allow it. Innocent people go to jail, too.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 26, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Anonymity is a privilege each of us is entitled to and is not necessarily an indication of guilt. And there is the 5th Amendment too. Or is it the 4th? LOL While I have seen it not be a privilege to abuse on this site, its also the backbone to every 12-step program out there. Its up to each of us to decide how much to reveal publicly, internet or otherwise. My sensibilities would require the police to have due cause for many actions. But I still think, having lived both ways, that there is merit to how law abiding folks talk and sleep easier.
    HornsManiac Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Gentlemen, please let me clarify. I admitted my fingerprints were on the both the baggies and the container. I also stated I attended a party where a few other people also had their fingers on the same items. Furthermore, I admitted a past record for Possession of a Controlled Substance. All of this should scream the reality about whether I use drugs at least occasionally. How much I use or how often is not important to the question I posed to this forum. The reason for my concern is the drugs were not mine nor did I throw the drugs onto the ground where they could later be found by another citizen. Once again thanks a million to all of you for your legal advice as well as concern for my well being. :-)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 26, 2006, 03:20 PM
    I wish you sincerely good luck HornsManiac. I hope we have been helpful, if not obtuse LOL.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2006, 03:28 PM
    (and that's coming from a Lady... not a Gentleman ;) Hi Val)

Oct 26, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    (and thats coming from a Lady... not a Gentleman ;) Hi Val)
    Thank you for pointing that out to me. :-)

I wasn't aware so I do apologize. Ms. Val, thank you very much for your kind words.

THE FORUM MEMBERS - You guys have been great. I may stick around here and maybe even offer my two cents once in a while. ;-) I only hope that someday I will have advice or an opinion that helps someone else like you people have helped me. I can honestly say I received FAR MORE helpful advice than I ever expected to receive. I guess I expected to be judged and criticized for admitting my associations with narcotics and the people that use them. I am not proud of this so I wouldn't blame you if you did. There was a time in my life when I loathed drugs and all things and people associated with them. At that time, though, I consumed alcohol on a weekend basis and sometimes it was in excess. I failed to realize what I was doing was just as bad and maybe worse than responsibly using "harder" drugs. It took me a while to reach that conclusion and I reached it based on my own experiences with people who do both. Society appears to accept the man in a suit and tie who drinks ten martinis during a Happy Hour party but strongly objects to the man who snorts a line of coke or speed to squeeze more work hours out of his day. Clearly, I go against the grain on this one because I don't share that belief. :-)

Cheers, HornsManiac

Hook 'em!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2006, 06:07 PM
    I will add on the fingerprints on the baggies, 99 percent of police departments are not CSI, they don't have the time or the equipment to even try and get fingerprints off baggies.

And of course from a legal standpoint, it does not matter if you use or if you sell or if you found it, Actually the person who found it and was going to turn it in could have been in the most trouble if he had been caught with it, ( no police or judge in the world woujld believe, "I found it laying on the ground"

The honest truth police officers are over worked to worry about small drug cases. My best guess, the container was received as found property, and destroyed shortly after being put into the station house.

Just like fingerprints on the outside of a car, it only shows the person was on the outside of a car, they don't prove they were in the car.
    Your fingerprints on the baggie or contianer merely showed you once owned or touched the container, it does not directly connect you with the drugs.

Oh yes, if you wish to be doomed to hell for drug use, ask a question about using drugs. I will be happy to to, I am at my limit of people I can doom to hell for today but I will try and put you on tommorows list.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 07:44 PM
    How did your fingerprints get on the drugs in the first place? Frankly, for a small quantity of drugs, I'm not sure that the police will go to all the trouble of checking for fingerprints like they're investigating a murder or something. How much information do you have about these drugs, regarding whose they were, etc? That could be your ace in the whole if the police do pick you up for questioning. If you can give them information that will lead them to bigger and better things, in return they may not charge or prosecute you.

Oct 30, 2006, 09:29 AM
    excon agrees: You're not suggesting he snitches, are you? That'll get him hurt.
    Excon - I assure you there is ZERO chance of my lips saying a single word that incriminates anyone. As you know that is not the way things are done in the world I live in. Thanks for pointing that out for me. :)

s_cianci - What you suggested is certainly an option that I am aware of. Sadly these days far too many people are willing to utilize that outlet. For me, though, that is simply not an option. If you have been where excon and I have been you would fully understand why that is the absolute last thing I would think about doing. No, actually, I would not even give it any thought at all. Regardless, thanks for your feedback. :)
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Oct 30, 2006, 07:22 PM
    Just a question?? Does the fact that there is a prior fingerprint at all attached to anything at all be it drugs in this case, do they add up at any police department?? Do they create any kind of "track" or "trace" to anything? Or is that all just trashed at the police department?? What about any "national" database even many years later?? What about some states with the 3 strike laws that I hear about?? Most of the post to dates seem to indicate there should be no worry for this person but does this not create a "record" in some database somewhere that many years later could haunt this person?? From a statiscal point of view if this "fingerprint" keeps appearing and the way the world is going with more and more joined databases is there a possible problem.? The world is becoming more globally interconnected then ever before and we as a society will never go backward (unless the Taliban take over LOL) anyway I would be worried unless I was sworn to be clean or whatever for the rest of my life?? And that is not just drug related but just the linking of fingerprints to anything!! Just a question? Ace
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 31, 2006, 09:01 AM
    Well, the internet is only really 10 years old so nothing prior to ten years would even have a chance to be recorded.

Things are moving fast and perhaps in the near future your concern will be founded, especially with home security and terrorism (able to track items for bomb making, ect).

However, as I recently discovered (to my happiness), as of yet in Canada they can't even record a driver's licence infaction inter-provincially.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bhayne
    Well, the internet is only really 10 years old so nothing prior to ten years would even have a chance to be recorded.
    Just an FYI - databases on computers and private network existed long before the internet as you know it appeared.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drugs and Addiction [ 12 Answers ]

Hi there Are there any teens out there with a problem?? This is my field of expertise and I would gladly answer any questions in this regard. Come on teens DON'T THROW YOUR LIVES AWAY Lets clean up our act.

Drugs [ 68 Answers ]

I have just read where Mexico votes to legalize small amounts of cocaine, heroin and marijuana. What are the implications where American citizens cross the boarder and use what is there legal drugs but would then have traces of the drug in their system for drug tests in the US. Since they did...

Drugs = Downhill [ 3 Answers ]

My man Had a bad experience and becomes obsessed with it and the people Concerning it. He says he loves me and I believe him Loving him as well. I have been There for him for about 2months now, Trying to work out and understand what's going on. But he isn't ready for a relationship and gets...

Unethical or Illegal? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently terminated from employment. I have my immediate supervisor that tells me I violated policy and therefore am being terminated. I contested the violations to him and he admitted that the violations were without merit 'to him'. I have a witness to this discussion. An employee of...

Fingerprints [ 3 Answers ]

I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/ My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a...

View more questions Search