Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    503person Posts: 57, Reputation: 11

Jul 31, 2009, 01:12 AM
    localized numbness throughout body
    I have never been to the doctor about this because they always just brush me off, but I have random spots of numbness on my body. My right hip. One spot about the size of a quarter on my left thigh, and the tops of both of my feet from ankle to where the big toe begins (I think that's from spending the majority of my work day on my knees... I am a cleaning tech.) Oh, and my right thumb was numb for a long time but is slowly coming back. I was wondering if its normal, do other people have it, is it something I should maybe be concerned about?

I'm a healthy 26 year old female, if that makes any difference.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 31, 2009, 01:29 AM

I think it's from your job, too. Kind of like when you squat for a long, long time, and when you get up, your legs are in panic mode because the circulation sucks.

If you're healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like poor circulation to me, but of course I could be wrong. Perhaps you should try different ways of performing your job to change it up a bit and keep extended stress from those parts of your body.

Jul 31, 2009, 01:31 AM

Well the hip and thigh thing I've had for years... the tops of my feet started about six months ago when I started my job and the feeling has never come back. I don't know if there is anyway to get it back.

Might get a tattoo there before it comes back... it'd hurt a lot less. Ha ha

Jul 31, 2009, 01:32 AM

Does your hip hurt, or the other areas? Or you just feel nothing at all?

Jul 31, 2009, 01:40 AM

I feel nothing. Its like when your foot falls asleep after you've been sitting on it a while. You touch it, and you can feel some pressure that something pressing on it, but there's really no actual feeling.

On the tops of my feet, when I press down lightly right where my ankle and fI had all of a sudden experienced a lot of tingling in my thumb that lasted about three seconds, then when I toughed my thumb (it had been that pins and needles feeling) there was more feeling there. Slightly less than normal. but still much more. It was like... it just woke up.

Jul 31, 2009, 01:43 AM
    Sorry, I apparently somehow mistyped my last post. Its really late and really hot. What I meant to say is when I push down on top of my foot by my ankle it sends a tingling sensation down to my first and second toes. Then I was saying how when I had regained the feeling in my thumb it got a strong pins and needles sensation for a few seconds, then about 50% of the feeling was just suddenly there.

Jul 31, 2009, 01:43 AM

Yeah, parts of the body that have the "pins and needles" feeling is caused by poor circulation. That's what happens when are feet, or hands (that happens to me a lot), or whatever fall asleep.

It's odd that it's in such localized regions, though. My guess is again, issues with circulation, or nerve damage.

I know people that scrub areas of their bodies with loofahs more vigorously because it helps with circulation, and supposedly cellulite.

Jul 31, 2009, 01:46 AM
    For the feet and ankle situation, I would suggest finding different positions to do your job. All that pressure on your feet and ankles seems to be causing the issues there, and I think that with resting them for a while, the feeling might come back.

It's so hard to say though, of course.

Jul 31, 2009, 01:49 AM

Yeah, I clean floors and whatnot in a deep squatting position now to try to let the feeling come back. My legs never fall asleep even when I am in that position for hours. My real concern is the hip one because it seems to be growing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 05:49 AM
    You need to get checked out by a doctor. This could be a vascular problem that may get worse as you get older.
    bettyboowho Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 503person View Post
    I have never been to the doctor about this because they always just brush me off, but I have random spots of numbness on my body. My right hip. One spot about the size of a quarter on my left thigh, and the tops of both of my feet from ankle to where the big toe begins (i think that's from spending the majority of my work day on my knees...i am a cleaning tech.) Oh, and my right thumb was numb for a long time but is slowly coming back. I was wondering if its normal, do other people have it, is it something I should maybe be concerned about?

I'm a healthy 26 year old female, if that makes any difference.
    ** could be Fibromyalgia. You could see a Rheumatologist
    bettyboowho Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 10:21 AM

Could be Fibromyalgia. You should see a Rheumatologist for this.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 10:46 AM
    Old thread CLOSED

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness of the right side of body and trouble seeing [ 5 Answers ]

So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, or if I should just go straight to the doctors. While I was at school yesterday, I was sitting down and reached to pick something up and realized my hand was numb. I checked the rest of my body and my right hand, arm, leg, foot and right half of my tongue was...

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

Numbness of Right lip [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I just want to know why my upper right lip is numb. What do you think is thecause of it?

Numbness in right leg [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anybody help me?. Over the last 6 months I have had like a numb tingling type of sensatiom in my right thigh at he front and side of my thigh to just above the knee... I have mentioned this on several occasions to my gp but I don't get any explanations as to what this could be... Does...

View more questions Search