Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R Steyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Found your soulmate after you married someone else
    Do any of you believe in soulmates? And if, do you think it's possible to have married the wrong person?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 12:21 AM
    I do believe in soulmates. Perhaps my description differs from yours. I have been married for 37 years, will be 38 years in June. We are not soulmates. Never have been, never will be. I have friends who I communicate with almost without thought and a lot of times long distance in thought. Our souls seem mingled, so in touch when we visit. We lift each other up, help each other, communicate in a way different than I communicate with my husband or with other friends or family. It is almost like being on a different plane of existence. Could I be married to any of the soulmates I have had? Perhaps. Who could say for sure. I have few soulmates and very rare I believe. My thoughts are that when you love someone enough to marry them, your love either grows or it doesn't. Both have to work at it for the marriage to be a success. I wonder if two people who feel the connection of soulmates, would have enough differences to hold the other's attention over time?

I think everyone goes through times of thinking they married the wrong person. When you make the commitment to marriage and later find someone who you can communicate with in such a manner of soulmates, it makes your spouse seem almost like a stranger.

I believe that a soulmate is just that, a soulmate, not a spouse "should have been". Someone who can offer so much to your life, in a manner other's cannot and you can also offer the same to them. The connection is so strong that you almost seem as one. The important thing I believe is to keep it within the bounds it is meant to be. Difficult?? Yes. Confusing? Terribly at times.

However, someone who has never met and had this kind of connection with other people, could never understand it nor be blessed by it. It is a blessing to have soulmates. Just important to keep it in perspective and in context and not let it interfere in your marriage.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Mar 20, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Yes, don't let the "soulmate" thing come between you and your spouse. They are two different things.
    Mike
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Do any of you believe in soul mates? And if, do you think it's possible to have married the wrong person?
    I think I was blessed to have married my soul mate, and everyone has thought that they married the wrong person, when things aren't going so well. But as we grow, and learn, we keep working at it, until the grand kids get grown, and they have their own. I think we have enough room in our lives, to love many people, all in a healthy way, that doesn't complicate our lives, but makes it better. That way we can enjoy the best of many worlds with many people.
    JJo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 02:17 PM
    jrebel7 I would love to talk to you more on this... it's been a year since you posted... how is the soul mate relationship going? What did your husband think of your soul mate? Do they get along? Is he jealous of your soul mate? How have you handled the relationships with your life mate and your soul mate?
    jham123 Posts: 77, Reputation: 20

Jul 29, 2009, 09:09 PM
    Found in my Wife's Journal
    "Over"
    (A four letter Word for “Finished”)

Staring into a sea of Faces and a momentary glance into the eyes of a stranger sends electrical pulses throughout her body. For the next few minutes the two would take quick glances at each other, but never speak or approach
    For Hours they couldn't stop looking at eat other, catching each other's glances, smiling but never speaking never touching.
    It was easy to see the two were experiencing pure raw desire. They wanted each other, but neither knew how to approach the other.
    She gets up to leave and he followed her, once outside he begins to talk to her. Her heart Accelerated, elated he finally spoke to her.
    She saw the ring on his finger but it didn't matter as she cared less about sanctity of marriage. A Strong animalistic desire maintained by her eyes focused entirely on his beautiful eyes and soft lips. The attraction was instant, strong and mutual. They couldn't resist being with the other. No matter how wrong it may be. It was clear he was making small talk to keep her from walking away, like she would.
    All she could think about was how good it would feel to straddle him around the waist and kiss him passionately. Maybe he was thinking something similar. He mentioned his wife was going out of town for the weekend and asked for her Phone number. She gave it to him willingly.
    She had never felt anything so strong in all her life. The desire was a 10 on the Richter scale. Jolting, surprising and Unforgettable!
    But the moment was ultimately lost. Their desires would never be realized, but angst for Him lives on in her. Was he the soul mate? Was there a spiritual reckoning or recognition between them?
    Did she lose him forever?
    What length would she go to find her soul mate? Will she search for him for him for her?
    The passion heightens adrenaline pounding, coursing through her veins. And all she did was look into his eyes. Could she look at someone/anyone else the same way? Or was she now ruined from finding another Passion?
    She prayed to God that this feeling was not a onetime ordeal.
    nighthawker Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2009, 11:14 AM
    I didn't believe in the soulmate thing until recently when someone from my past came back into my life. Since then we have discovered that we are so connected in so many ways and have so much more in common, and get along better than we do with our spouses. A lot of people get married to someone they love and can go through life experiencing challenges and overcome them with hard work. However there are those lucky few who do find their one true soulmate and are able to live a very happy life together without all the difficulties & challenges that most of us go through with our spouses. It's sad to think that there is someone out there that is made for us, and yet we settle for less only because the odds of finding that one true soulmate are almost impossible.
    eros Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Ok, so I am directly at that point, Re connected to my "soulmate" after many many years but just as long married to a steadfast man. In fact left the soulmate to be with the current husband aho seemed more stable for me at the time. The big question, do you act on the this, disrupt many lives, to unite with the soulmate.. Or do you let it pass and just wonder everyday? Having both, simultaneously would not work. Take true love over comfortable habit? At 52 years old what are we living for?
    winding200 Posts: 167, Reputation: 40

Aug 6, 2009, 02:21 PM

I know where you are heading to. Let's prevent the potential issue proactively.

Once you are married, you are NOT supposed to look for another 'possible' soul mate. You should block your eyes, because you are with 'the one' you chose as your ultimate soul mate. Otherwise, why did you marry the person? I DO NOT want to know how many perfect & better people out there for me life time. I only want to focus on my spouse & marriage, and make it as the only choice I have to cherish and appreciate.
    Do not pretend you are still single and have a choice. If you allow yourself think like a single not a married person, you will be in a big trouble and constantly looking & comparing your spouse to others and start to wonder if you can trade in with a better one. It is wrong. If you are marred, you are done. Your soul mate is right there with you for lifetime. If something is not right with the soul mate on and off, take care of it, fix it, and keep loving it for the rest of your life. End of story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Found my soulmate only to loose him [ 3 Answers ]

I have found the man of my life, perfect in every inperfection molded just for me, we had a wonderful relationship until now we are taking a break to think things over, and its killing me, I've been thinking of this too. The level of seriousness scared me but it was his idea to think things over...

Why do I think someone else is my soulmate? [ 21 Answers ]

This question is going to take me a loooooong time to ask and explain. I will try very hard to simplify. I am afraid that I already know what most of you will say, but here goes... 10 years ago or so in high school I was on again/off again with this guy I- I will call him Ben... he and I had...

Lost love found married [ 40 Answers ]

I had special feelings for this guy during my college days but the relationship just went off unsaid.we met after many years to realise that we shared the same feelings till date.but the situations were I was a divorcée with a kid and he was about to get married to his love.he married her and...

I just found out my boyfriend is still legally married... What do I do? [ 16 Answers ]

Whyyyyyyy do guys have to be so confusing?? Why why Why why?! What should I do? Should I ask him how he feels? I'm not even sure if we're in a relationship or if were just friends that make out. -____- Nrgh! There's other issues I'm having trouble dealing with, why do I always fall?? Fine, you know...

Is He my SOulmate? [ 1 Answers ]

About 5 months ago I bumped into this guy on the street and I got this really weird vibe from him that sent my whole body on fire it felt like. When that happened to me I realized that I needed to find out who that guy was. So I found out who he was from a friend that was going to school with him....

View more questions Search