Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauraaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Im pregnant and unhappy in my relationship!
    Me and my partner have been together for nearly 2 years now, but about 5 months ago I was questioning if this was right for me? Then I took a pregancy test, I am now 4 months pregnant.
    Now I just feel stuck, I'm trying to make things work because I don't want to bring up this child by myself and scared what hell do if I left him as he's so happy about being a daddy!
    But all we do is argue, I know I love him and know he loves me (well so he says) but I just don't feel it on his part, he never shows me, he never makes me feel special, he just tells me every now and then and says that that's all I need and I'm asking too much of him... (we don't even have a decent sex life). I just feel like part of the surroundings to him.

I haven't exactly had the best relationships in the past, I wanted this one to be different.

I don't know what to do, am I over reacting? Am I being selfish because I want him to show me rather than just tell me?

HELP!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 03:36 AM

Get some therapy or end this relationship. It's not healthy and no one is happy!
    hellonikki Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 03:49 AM
    I think you should just leave.

Sometimes, some people just weren't meant to be.

Besides do you want your child to grow up in an unhappy home??
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

Jul 28, 2009, 06:37 AM

Go to counseling together. Read a self help book... Learn together to communicate better.

If all else fails. Leave.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 06:44 AM

Having a child together does complicate things, so it's better to try to work things out first. Like the others have suggested, get some professional help, such as counselling or couples therapy.

If you can't handle a relationship together, then it's going to be even worse than not having a dad for the child. You need to keep the child's best interest in mind.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:49 AM

I think it's great that parents or soon-to-be parents want to try to stay together for the sake of their children, that means they're putting the child first. However, what I think they don't realize is that if they can't work out their differences they're doing more harm than good.

I recommend some counseling, as others have suggested, before the baby is born. See if you can work things out and if not it might be time to split up. I think I would rather be raised by two parents in different homes that are happy than stuck in one house with parents that argue all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship between a very unhappy couple [ 3 Answers ]

A couple I know are having trouble with relatioships. The woman gets mad very fast and angry at really little things. Just over a little problem she will just make it into a big problem out of it. So then after that both of them won't talk to each other for 1 week or even two weeks. So can you...

Relationship while Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 weeks pregnant and before I got pregnant my boryfriend and I always wanted to be with each other and around each other. We never fought, about anything. And within a couple weeks after I found out I was pregnant I started getting very annoyed my hima dn anything he did, and we now fight...

A girl, A guy, and an unhappy relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for over four years and have felt unhappy for a while. I met this other guy and was instantly attracted to him but am not sure why. I found him online and initiated a friendship with him. We've talked several times on the phone and have hung out once. I've been...

Pregnant and need help with relationship [ 6 Answers ]

hello my name is veronica i am 17 and i am 6 months pregnant. i am engaged to a 21 yr old man and he is happy he is going to have a kid,but i am having 2nd thoughts about him and i am thinking of leaveing him but i dont know how to tel him that because he is in love with me!He constantly is yelling...

View more questions Search