Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 11:02 PM
    Replumbing a Florida Slab house
    Tom,

When running new water lines in a single family, slab, Florida house, do you go through the attic? Or chop up all that concrete?

If you go through the attic, do you insulate the cpvc to prevent condensation drips from leaking on your ceilings? Can you just strap the pipe over the rafters or do you have to drill through them?

Also, does running the water lines straight up, then over through an attic with a few elbows and what not effect water pressure?

Is it OK to go from copper to cpvc to supply a new bathroom?

Thanks again for all the help! I may post pics of the drain/vent rough in to make sure it'll work.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2006, 07:37 AM
    1)(When running new water lines in a single family, slab, Florida house, do you go through the attic? Or chop up all that concrete?

In my area, (Tampa Bay), we run the main around the foundation of the house and punch through the wall to supply fixtures on the outside wall.
    We extent the mains up in the attic and drop down inside a wall to supply fixtures on inside walls.

2)If you go through the attic, do you insulate the cpvc to prevent condensation drips from leaking on your ceilings? Can you just strap the pipe over the rafters or do you have to drill through them?
    We don't feedl the need to insulate overhead plastic pipes. We strap them to the rafters. Drilling holes is not necessary.

3)Also, does running the water lines straight up, then over through an attic with a few elbows and what not effect water pressure?
    No, the pressure drop isn't noticeable an d will not affect the system.

4)Is it OK to go from copper to cpvc to supply a new bathroom?
    Yes, you may convert from copper to plastic.

5) I may post pics of the drain/vent rough in to make sure it'll work.

Any time. We're more then glad to help. Tom
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Thanks again! I'm also in Tampa Bay, St. Pete to be exact...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 26, 2006, 10:42 AM
    My first Florida house was a home in St. Pete Beach,(1955). I've worked the West Coast from New Port Richey through Tampa/St. Pete all the way down to Port Charlotte. If you're doing the job yourself make the depth of the mains at least 18" under grade. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida eviction [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of Florida once a tenant is served with an eviction notice how long does he have to vacate property?

Pre-Construction Condos in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I am in Florida and am in the middle of a Pre-Construction nightmare. The developer is terrible. I have reviewed the contract. My 15 day "rescission" period passed whereby I can withdraw within 15 days. Also, I initialed to say I received all of the documents like condo disclosures, etc. Also,...

Warranty Deed-Florida [ 0 Answers ]

The warranty deed names an individual as the grantee in trust for another individual. What does this mean?

Question about Florida probate law [ 1 Answers ]

Here in Florida if a married couple who own a home in which only the wife is on the title deed , if the wife died would the estate go to probate or would the husband assume the ownership without going to probate.

1950's Florida slab house plumbing problems [ 9 Answers ]

We just bought our house in April. The plumbing has worked fine until recently. I'm trying to locate the main source of our problem and figure out how extensive it is. The shower and tub drains in the bathrooms have been backing up recently, leaving a brown gritty substance. The sink drain in the...

View more questions Search