Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Adding electric start to a self-propelled gas mower
    I am in the market for a good used self-propelled gas mower but would really like it to have electric start. Is it possible to add this feature to a gas mower? How complicated would it be?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 06:12 PM

Hi,
    It is possible. Not going to be cost effective, however. Depends on the make and model engine as to cost. You could figure a kit would be $150-180 as a general rule. Might be found discounted. Batteries average about $60.
    Could possibly be found on a junker, blown engine, bent crank, etc.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 07:34 PM

Although there is another "electric start" option usually reserved for snowblowers, where you take a 120 V extension cord to start the engine.

Crigby is on the money for kits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro self propelled mower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My 2002 toro personal pace guaranteed to start mower won't start. Spark plug is new, filter is clean. It fires and runs for a couple of seconds and then dies. If I prime again it will do the same thing. Can't get it to keep running. What could be the problem?

Sears Self-Propelled Push Mower Won't Start [ 3 Answers ]

I own a Sears Craftsman 22" 6.5 HP Self-Propelled Push Mower (Model #917375520) that will not start. I noticed that the circular metal contact inside the spark plug boot was pushed below where the spark plug would normally snap in. I pulled the round metal clip forward and snapped the boot onto...

MTD Self-propelled lawn mower won't start un-primed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I need help! My B & S engine on my MTD won't stay running. It will run just fine when primed, but then quits. I have taken the carborator off and cleaned it completely. Any other suggestions? Angela

View more questions Search