Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 21, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Ex & NC: Really, REALLY Proud of Myself!
    Okay so my ex broke up with me a little more than 4 months ago, and I blocked him FB, MSN messenger, and everything else I could think of. However, I forgot to block him from Yahoo messenger, because I never use it. Well, I was reading a site, and suddenly this bubble pops up with him talking to me! :O

He asked how I was, and I said, "Fine." I kept using short little answers, and he asked me why, and I went on to say that I don't have to tell him about my life if I don't want to. AND THEN! *drum roll please* I went on to say THIS!:

"Honestly, ___l, I have nothing to say to you. Remember how you said you could date me 10 years and not marry me? Well, I could know you for 10 years and still not want to be your friend. I'm completely over you, I don't want to be friends, and I don't want to know what's going on in your life, nor do I care. I actually want to thank you, because breaking up with me was the greatest thing you could have done for me.
    So with that, I say thank you, and have a good life.
    Goodbye, __."

I then deleted him and blocked him! I FEEL SO EMPOWERED AND PROUD! At first, I didn't think I could bring myself to say it, but I did! I DID! AHHAHAHAHHAA!

I know I'm definitely going to be okay, and that I'm healing up quite nicely, even though we had such a hard break up! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE AT AMHD THAT HELPED ME THROUGH IT! :D

I'M FREE!!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 02:23 PM
    That is wonderful and amazing.

You were incredibly strong when you needed to be.

Jul 21, 2009, 02:29 PM

Thank you so much!

I always thought it would be years before I would be able to say that to him!

When I first saw the bubble, I got this weird feeling; you know that feeling of false hope? I had the feeling that if I tried to be close as friends again, I would end up where I was before, and I didn't want that. That was such a sad state.

I may have been a little mean, but I had to look out for my heart, the same one he carelessly threw away!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 02:33 PM

Good job! Very proud of you

Jul 21, 2009, 02:40 PM

Thank you!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:09 PM

Feels good waving that middle finger don't it? They always say not to do that sort of thing but, meh.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Good for you! Hopefully others will learn from your example.
    chetatkinsLA Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Awesome! :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Torrid! :D

Jul 21, 2009, 05:59 PM

Thank you so much guys! My little brother told me he was going to bake me a huge chocolate cookie, my mom and dad hugged me and gave me high fives (I'm also getting a car soon, so that can count towards it, too!), and my friends are sending me texts/emails of congratulations!

I never thought in a million years I would be able to say that to him... it's truly amazing! I got to say the words that I had wanted to for so long... especially about the 10 years thing... that had bothered me so much, but I got the opportunity to to avenge myself! BUWAHAHA!

I'm so happy!
    57373 Posts: 95, Reputation: 8

Jul 21, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Good job,just don't relapse,because you got a small taste of your ex again.

When you feel like you want to write him/her

Just remember how bad they must be feeling now,reaching out and getting this.

Then go on with your day.

Jul 21, 2009, 09:31 PM

Lucky for me, that small taste of my ex made me angry and fraught with rage.

But I said what I had wanted to say for a long time, so now I don't feel so angry. I feel like I got it off my chest.

In all honesty... I hope he feels bad. That's probably not very nice, but him breaking my heart and throwing me away like I was nothing wasn't very nice.

He should feel bad. I loved him with everything I had. Not to be conceited, but even his parents said I was the best thing that ever happened to him. Oh well. I'm gone now, I'm having fun getting to know someone else, and a new life is being built up for me. He should feel bad he lost such a lover and the best friend he ever had.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Good for you Torrid , proud of you :)

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    My little brother told me he was going to bake me a huge chocolate cookie,!
    Well here's a few chocolate cookies , you deserve 'em ;)

Name:  Double_Chocolate_Cookies_with_Pecans_1A.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  6.7 KB

Jul 21, 2009, 10:09 PM

*nibbles on cookies*

OM NOM NOM. You guys sure do know how to treat an NC-er well! :)<3

Thank you for your support!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 11:17 PM

Breakups.

It's an ancient Greek word that means freedom.

Sarah

Jul 21, 2009, 11:20 PM

I like the sound of that.

CUE INSPIRATIONAL MUSIC!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Be proud or demand or beg? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I would appreciate if someone will give me their opinion on work chores.I work at the gynae clinic, we have 6 rooms where doctors are seeing the patients. Each room has a nurse in it to assist the doctor in the patients' observation. Each room has the bag of used by the patinets sheets...

How can I break with a proud man? [ 11 Answers ]

Now adays I have a big problem!I broke my date with my boy friend 1 month ago.Because he was married and his wife undrestod about our dating and called me and menaced me that I must leave her husband alone!Then I decided to do this and bereak our dating and I said him it is not possible that we...

Not proud of it [ 1 Answers ]

o.k. this is going to be dumb but here I go I'm looking to find out if any one know how to or knows any one that know how to find out the address for rob meck he is the senior vice president of debt management for sallie mae student loans. When I was very young and dumb I took out two students and...

Canucks should be proud [ 16 Answers ]

Canadian Court Limits Detention in Terror Cases--NYTimes Highlights: Thank you, Canadian Supreme Court, for upholding the long legal tradition that limits the power of the government to deprive individuals of their freedom without showing cause.

View more questions Search