Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Simioney Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 05:29 PM
    Lump on back of head
    I am 14 years old. Recently, lots of my lymph nodes have swollen up. This was about a week ago. Now, a lump has appeared, as if from nowhere on the back of my head. The lump is hard and non-moveable. It is not painful if left alone but when pressure is applied it can be felt. Is this connected to the swelling of the lymph nodes? Is it a lymph node? Should I wait to see if the lymph nodes around my body go down before I go and get it checked out by a doctor? Thanks, Simon Barnes
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Simon, whenever a lymph node swells it is an indication of an infection of some sort. You need to see the doctor to find out exactly what is going on.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 24, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Hi Simon,
    Yes, the lump on the back of your head could very well be lymph nodes, as they are as well located above the base of the skull. If you do in fact have swollen lymph nodes appearing throughout your body, it would be good to make an appointment with a doctor as soon as possible. This is likely your body's attempt to isolate an infection of some sort.
    Hope you are able to resolve this soon. Take care.
    Simioney Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 02:39 AM
    Thanks, I've got an appointment on Thursday.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 25, 2006, 06:50 AM
    You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you've got an appointment. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Lump under arm [ 1 Answers ]

Under my arm I have a growth... about the size of a golf ball a bit larger... went to clinic and got mamogram but didn't show so its just under my arm they didn't suggest any kind of dr. or referral of any kind... maybe not having ins. Didn't help with their volunteering info... also I noticed the...

A Lump? [ 1 Answers ]

This is kind of awkward... but, recently I found that I have a small lump on the inside of my.. ehm... butt? I have no idea what it is and am concerned it might be a tumor. I'm hoping that I am just jumping to conclusions and worrying about nothing, but it's bothering me. It doesn't hurt, or itch,...

View more questions Search