Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherice1977 Posts: 53, Reputation: -3

Jul 18, 2009, 06:47 PM
    How much time for breaking and entering?
    Does anyone know how much time someone would get for a breaking and entering
    Charge in wayne county ,Michigan?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 06:54 PM

It depends. If you were just messing around in an abandoned house the Judge could reduce it to simple trespassing and give you a summary offense fine.
    If you break into a business or residence it can be much more serious.

Jul 18, 2009, 07:03 PM

Is it considered abandoned if the person that use to live there died a couple months ago?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 07:05 PM

In a sense it is abandoned.
    Is the only charge they gave you the b&e?

Jul 18, 2009, 07:08 PM

No my brother was charged with the b&e but he does have 2 other felonies that involve marijuana...
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 07:20 PM

So he has priors but they did not give him any other fines with this? Sometimes they will get you for everything they can and then maybe reduce the charges later.

Is he on probation?

Jul 18, 2009, 07:22 PM

No this happened yesterday and they let him make a phone call to my mother and he told her the only thing they charged him with was b&e... no he is not on probation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 07:27 PM

I believe the max time is about 10 years. Most likely will not get that.

If on probation, most likely have to serve some of that time since this will almost for sure revolk probation.

Best bet of course is for attorney to try and get him out of it, or plea a good deal

Jul 18, 2009, 07:29 PM

He is not on any kind of probation...
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 07:37 PM

Yeah plea a good deal.
    They tried to get me on breaking and entering an abandoned house. They gave me and the neighbors I was with charges of conspiracy ring, breaking and entering, trespassing and burglary. The relative of the guy that died and the demolition guy vouched for us and they reduced it to the trespassing and we had to each pay a $250. Fine.
    I would say that is the least he can get off on but with priors IDK.

Jul 18, 2009, 07:42 PM

Well the owner is dead, his daughter killed him and she is in prison
    And it looks to be like there is no family because they have nice cars in the driveway that no one has touched...
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 07:49 PM

That doesn't mean anything really. If there is a will then they might not be able to touch the cars because of legal reasons that need sorted.
    Somebody has to own it even if it is the state.
    No land or building goes into abandoned where it isn't owned by anybody.

Jul 18, 2009, 07:52 PM

So it doesn't look good then?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 08:04 PM

IDK
    I don't know how much harsher they are if you have priors.
    I know the ADR and how it works but I rarely see any body getting the maxium or even the minimum.
    If they don't take the priors into consideration and give him the minimum I would say it could be a fine, put it on his record and let him go.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jul 20, 2009, 01:32 PM

Maybe with a lawyer he can get it reduced to a misdemeanor,something like criminal trespassing or even trespassing. There a chance he can get probation or a short amt of time in jail .

He needs to speak to a lawyer and they can tell him the chance of getting the charge reduced and how strict the da and judge is. It depends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a Lease because of landloard entering without permission in CT [ 2 Answers ]

On Friday our fridge broke and we called the landload to informher. When we told her about it we gave her permission to enter the house with a repair man only. She waited till I left and then came over and cleaned out my fridge and frezzer and put everything outside. The repair man never came...

Breaking and entering [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was on probation for skipping school. Recently he was caught breaking into someone's house but he was not caught taking anything. He was just seen climbing inside and the cops were around the corner and somebody seen him and called the police. His grandma, who he lives with, don't give...

How much time for breaking entering? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My boyfriend just recently went to jail for breaking into someone's car and then while he was leaving the car the owner of the vehicle saw him and began screaming. My boyfriend is now in jail for breaking and entering. His bail is only 1,040 and he has no prior criminal record. He was under the...

View more questions Search