Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Herzdieb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor07 View Post
    If there's a place you like to visit or a restaurant you enjoy, you could ask him to "accompany" you. Something simple to get to know each other better.

OR continue to keep him company and wait for him to ask you out. Flirting wouldn't hurt...Maybe he's scared, too.
    How did your good ol southern boy flirt with you? I've never really been around one enough to know how they flirt. :/
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

Jul 10, 2009, 10:30 PM

Well, I'm guessing the southerners are not ALL the same... but mine would compliment me or find a way to touch my hand or arm.. he'd smile at me and look in my eyes when he talked. Very polite... you know, that southern charm.

Jul 10, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor07 View Post
    Well, I'm guessing the southerners are not ALL the same...but mine would compliment me or find a way to touch my hand or arm..he'd smile at me and look in my eyes when he talked. Very polite...you know, that southern charm.
    Oooh this guy does that too! He likes touching my hair a lot. I feel better after reading this. At least I know I'm not hallucinating and imagining his flirting with me! It gives me more confidence, too. But do southern boys like chasing or being asked out?
    IRISHSAINT26 Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 11:45 PM

He likes you love
    Unless you own a company that he appreciates
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

Jul 11, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzdieb View Post
    oooh this guy does that too! he likes touching my hair a lot. i feel better after reading this. at least i know im not hallucinating and imagining his flirting with me! it gives me more confidence, too. but do southern boys like chasing or being asked out?
    I don't think it matters what part of the country he's from, he would probably feel flattered if you asked him out. Some say men enjoy the chase... but who knows. I'd say go with honesty, don't play cat and mouse games. Leave subtle hints that you like him and let things happen naturally... OR like I said, just ask him. No harm done if he says no and you gain some experience. My bet is it won't be too long that he asks you. Sounds like he is interested. Enjoy
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 07:02 AM
    When a guy says something like that to a girl, it usually means he likes her.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 08:30 AM

Since the two of you like each other but nobody is making the first move then it is time for you to make it before someone else does.

Simply ask him out some where fun like bowling, miniature golf, rollerskating etc. Some where the two of you can talk but have fun at same time.

Jul 11, 2009, 09:24 AM

OK so we've been writing emails back and forth and he writes paragraphs normally. Well I wrote him one and I slipped in that I like him but kept the rest of it casual.

But he only responded with one sentence. He was laughing about a joke I made. That was it.

Did I blow it?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:32 AM
    What exactly did you say? What did he say?
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 11, 2009, 09:32 AM
    ok so weve been writing emails back and forth and he writes paragraphs normally. well i wrote him one and i slipped in that i like him but kept the rest of it casual.

but he only responded with one sentence. he was laughing about a joke i made. that was it.

did i blow it?

Hm. Maybe he doesn't know how to respond? I think just the fact he responded was a good thing: if he didn't like you at all, I think he would've left you hanging and never answered.

And, he thinks you're funny. So, you've got that going for you.

Jul 11, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull View Post
    What exactly did you say? What did he say?
    He told me that my name isn't wendy so he won't ever say anything in a angry tone to me. I said he was right and that the only wendy I might resemble is the one that sells the hamburgers. The one related to the fat guy.

He said... lol... fat guy.

:/

I had also said... I hang out with you because I like you... and finished the sentence with normally.

Jul 11, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    Hm. Maybe he doesn't know how to respond? I think just the fact he responded was a good thing: if he didn't like you at all, I think he would've left you hanging and never answered.

And, he thinks you're funny. So, you've got that going for you.

I feel stupid.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 09:39 AM

He likes you say take it as a compliment, and see what happens. What's the hurry?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:46 AM

To me it sounds like he enjoys your company but I wouldn't read too much into it because he could mean anything from I'd like to get to know you better to just friends to maybe we could get a relationship going.

Jul 11, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    He likes you say take it as a compliment, and see what happens. Whats the hurry??

I don't know if he likes me that's why I'm asking to see if maybe its going in the right direction. No hurry I just want to know.

Jul 11, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    To me it sounds like he enjoys your company but I wouldn't read too much into it because he could mean anything from I'd like to get to know you better to just friends to maybe we could get a relationship going.
    Your right...
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 11, 2009, 09:40 PM
    i feel stupid.
    Aw, Sweetie. Don't feel stupid. We've all been there. But don't feel stupid yet! He answered, right?

Just because you feel stupid doesn't mean he's not interested in you! I agree with talaniman; just wait a little bit and see what happens. I know you want to know RIGHT NOW (I'm in the same position; I want to make sure a guy likes me, too!) but let's be patient, okay?

If someone is telling you they greatly appreciate your company, I think you're getting somewhere! Especially if it's a guy! Just wait it out a little; you'll know soon enough! :)

Good luck.
    kaseyatim Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 09:51 PM

Seems to me like he is trying to respect boundaries an take things slow but there is the possibility of a next level... kind of depends also did he enjoy your company talking at his desk at work or at the library all depends on the setting... good luck
    cleaninglady81 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2009, 11:45 PM

Yes it mean he likes you and wants to spend more time with you

Jul 12, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseyatim View Post
    seems to me like he is trying to respect boundaries an take things slow but there is the possibility of a next level ... kinda depends also did he enjoy your company talking at his desk at work or at the library all depends onthe setting ... good luck
    I don't mind taking things slow... slows good. Why does the setting matter? What's the difference between work or the library or the movies?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search