Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cabin1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Loction of the Knock Sensor on 1994 Toyota Camry
    I replaced the head gasket on a 1994 Toyota Camry 4 cyl and now get a Check Engin code 52 which is a Knock Sensor indication. I cannot find the Knock Sensor. Can you explain where it is?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 01:40 PM

Back of engine just under the intake.
    Cabin1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428 View Post
    Back of engine just under the intake.
    Do I need to take the intake off to see it? I cannot see anything that looks like the knock sensor. I do see something on the front that screws into the block that looks like a sensor but that is right in the open. Can you send a picture?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:27 PM

The one you see in front is the oil pressure switch. The KS is just above the rear engine mount. You will have to have the car on stands and looking up between the engine cradle (frame) and the block. (just above the middle freeze plug)
    You could also access through where the tie rod goes through the right side with the wheel off.
    Either way is tight because of the engine slant. It most likely just needs plugging in.
    Also, I hope you roughted the wire harness away from the EGR pipe. It will melt and cause big problems. Very common mistake in head jobs.
    Parts_Location.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How to bypass a/c compressor to altenator on 1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder

'94 Toyota previa knock sensor code [ 8 Answers ]

I was brought a '94 Previa w/ a 2.4L, no super charger, that overheated blowing the head gasket. The head received a valve job and was reinstalled w/ new plugs, wires, efi temp sensor, and thermostat. All timing marks are lined up. The rotor in the distributer seems a hair off from #1 wire at...

What are possible causes for overheating 1994 Toyota Camry V6 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My Camry started to overheat a few days ago when sitting in traffic or moving at low speeds and as well there is a loud 'whirring' sound (like an old Jeep) coming from the engine when it gets hot. Travelling at highway speeds it appears fine and doesn't overheat. Coolant had been low...

View more questions Search