Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Pea sized lump on vagina?
    Hello am 20 years old and today I have found a pea sized lump on the outer right lip of my vagina which is really hard... this definatley was not there yesterday.it is very sore to touch and even without touching it it still hurts am very confused and a little worried does anyone have any ideas what this could be please? Thanks x
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
    You should go to a dr. immediately if you haven't noticed it before.
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by interinfinity
    you should go to a dr. immediately if you havent noticed it before.

But have you any ideas what it could be?
    Thanks x
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 14, 2008, 12:59 PM
    I agree that seeing a doctor is the right thing to do. Do you shave in the area where the bump is? If so, it is possible it could be an ingrown hair. I have had an ingrown hair form a bump over night and be sore the next day. However I am NOT saying that is what it is and I do think anything like that is a reason to see a doctor.

Also, a friend of mine had a Bartholin's gland swell up. The Bartholin's glands are located on either side of the vaginal opening and secrete fluid. Her's was infected and became swollen. The doctor had to drain it and it healed and hasn't bothered her since. If you look the Bartholin's glands up online, you will be able to find a diagram of exactly where they are on your body, if you think that sounds like what you have. I'm not saying it is or anything, just throwing ideas out there. I don't know if she noticed her bump all at once or if it was a slow-growing thing.

It could be just about anything, only a doctor can say. They will also want to know your sexual history. When was your last ob-gyn exam? Did you get tested for anything then (if you are sexually active)?
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 14, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Have you had sex with anyone new in the past 3 to 4 months? With the info you have given, it could be a lot of things. But the one I know you should be looking to eliminate is genital warts. Genital Warts (HPV) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment by eMedicineHealth.com
    There are a lot of other people who have come to help desk with the same problem you are having, and you can link to their threads in the similar questions area at the bottom of this screen. Remember not to worry too much until you find out what it is, its very common for people to develop bumps and believe its cancer or warts, and they find out it was something really harmless like an ingrown hair. Good luck
    matt1101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 04:02 PM

1st off I'm using my husbands account which is why my user name is matt1101, so don't worry I'm a girl...
    2nd, I have has the same happen to me but have found that they go away with time. If it feels sore and hurts the way a pimple does, then most likely that is what it is. Keep an eye on it and make sure it goes away. I have found that is a clogged pore and goes away in time the way a pimple does. If it does not then I would consult your OBGYN. This usually accures with women who shave their vagina. Try to keep it as clean as possible but I wouldn't try to treat it with anything. Just leave it alone trust me. Hope this helps, please let me know how it goes. Don't worry.
    [email protected]
    MrsD509 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Sounds to me like a Bartholins Cyst. I just had one of these a few weeks ago. From everything I have read on them, they are pretty common... caused by bacteria blocking the gland on the side of the vaginal opening. If you look it up, it will tell you that if it isn't horribly sore, to do sitz-baths (sit in shallow, very warm water for 8-10 minutes for 3-4 days). That should help it drain. I know, gross, right? Of course, this is just what I have read and done myself, and it goes away pretty quickly. If it continues to swell, or if the lump doesn't go away after a few days of the home treatments, and if it is extremely uncomfy, it might have to be drained. I'm not a doc though, so of course, I woud say check with them. But, if you feel interested, check out Bartholins Cyst on Google... there is tons of info. Might help.
    v1kster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 01:37 AM
    I found the same thing yesterday and when I was goingtobed last night there werea few more. Ant update on whatyours was? :confused:
    bluezen1014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2013, 02:03 AM
    It's definitely a Bartholin Gland Cyst.

It's actually pretty common and nothing to worry about unless it becomes painful than the cyst may need to get drain.

It occurs when your Bartholin Gland gets blocked and swollen (it naturally secrets a small amount of liquid).

Usually it grows very slowly but for some women, if it's really painful it means it's infected and you have to get it drained. When it's REALLY painful, the cyst is huge and will definitely need to be drained by a doctor and take stiz baths.. I just found 3 small pea size on my vagina and freaked out, turns out it's just my Bartholin Gland swolllen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LUMP in my vagina [ 1 Answers ]

DEAR DOC, I have found a lump in my vagina, and it worries me, my partner says it feels like he can not go any further when we have intercourse, I also feel this when I use tampax. What will this be?

Lump on vagina! [ 12 Answers ]

I recently just discovered that I have one bump on the outside of my vagina. I'm freaking out because I don't know what it is? Fairly a bit bigger than a pimple Is it just a pimple? Can it be caused from someone fingering you? Is it an std? Cancer? Please respond! Edit/Delete Message

Lump inside vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I have found a lump about a few inches inside my vagina, on the back wall - it is about the size of a walnut (but it does not protude much, I can reach past it) and is quite firm, but it does not hurt at all. Apart from this, nothing at all seems out of the ordinary, but I am really anxious and I...

Lump at entrance of Vagina [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was having some really bad cramps, when I got home from work I felt like I had pulled a muscle in my pelvic area. When I woke up this morning to take my shower I was cleaning my vagina and a felt a lump the size of a cherry right at the entrance. I don't know what it could be. I have...

Lump in vagina [ 9 Answers ]

Hey, wonder if anyone can help me. My boyfriend has said recently that during intercourse if I'm lying flat on my back he can feel a lump up and to the left side, It isn't painful, sometimes I can feel it rubbing but I'm still a bit worried. He said sometimes he can't find it at all. Any help would...

View more questions Search