Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkenby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Letter to friend whose husband is dying.
    I have a very good friend (25 yrs friendship) whose husband is dying of cancer--week to live, maybe?

He's only 51 and had always been in good health. My spouse, who is an oncology nurse, and I have known for a while that the cancer was terminal and that he didn't have much time left. After a year of going through horrible chemo, etc. my friends have realized/decided to use hospice.

Before their decision, I went up a few weeks ago to visit (they live 1-1/2 hrs away), and I think that I was a good help--mostly just by being there. Unfortunately, I went then because I was going in for major back surgery the next weekend and I was afraid it would be my last chance to see him.

I want to be of help to her (and him), and I'd like to help her. However, I am pretty much flat on my back and incapable of doing anything physically to that end. I'm thinking of writing her a letter to let her know that I love her and I'd like to help, but can't really. I just talked to her and she mentioned "this is a really rough road." I know that it must have taken a lot for them to admit that he was going to die and I'd like to acknowledge that somehow.

Any ideas?
    Windyhill Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 06:50 PM

Id send a letter with Bible verses, and "praying for you" note at the bottom of the letter, might help a little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying husband and his family doesn't seem to care unless its convenient! [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I am looking for some opinions from people other than family members regarding this situation: My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 3 years ago and was not given long to live. At that time, his family called, sent cards but nothing more than...

Dying Relative Wants His House Put in the Name of My Husband [ 2 Answers ]

My father-in-law is dying of cancer and he wants my husbands name put on his house. Is there a way to do that legally? The house is not paid for. If he was to make a will out that stated my husband was to get the house when he died would that work? Please reply and thanks.

My Husband is Dying [ 42 Answers ]

My Husband is Dying and I feel so alone. I have a handicap sister also which I take care of. My brother is trying to help. I want to say thanks. But I will cry too much because I will have to say it out loud. I have tried to tell my daughter. She thinks he will be here for a few years and I am...

Writing a Letter to a Dying Person [ 8 Answers ]

I need to write a letter to a friend who has a terminal illness. What can I say in such a situation?

View more questions Search