Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miniie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 01:03 AM
    I'm so sick of living. I wish it would all just end.
    I've been really depressed recently. Things just keep getting worse and worse. I moved out to Long Island on my own for the first time with my best friend from HS, but things didn't work out and I moved back with my mom. My brother who had been living here took my old room, and my bed. Since I was gone, my other brother moved in, and now I have NO where to even sleep..

I really like being alone, and now I find myself sleeping in an airbed in the livingroom.. I have no space.. This is a two bedroom apartment, and the only ones that are supposed to be here are my mother and I!
    Recently, some lady that my mom knows came from another country, and now everything is even more crowded.

I hate being here.. I don't have any privacy.. I don't have my own space.. I don't even have a desk for my computer. I don't have a chair to sit on.. I'm just here..

On top of that, I don't feel like I'm doing anything with my life. I can't decide what I want to do, and I'm already 21. I graduated HS when I was 17 and I was in school ever since.. Changing from school to school.. major to major..

I feel like I just wake up to do that same thing everyday, and I'm so tired of it all.
    I wish it would just end.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 01:13 AM

First of all, it's your mothers apartment. Do you pay rent? If not, then she can invite anyone she wants to live with her. Be happy that you have a place to sleep, a roof over your head, many people don't.

Okay, not that I got that off my chest. What are your interests? What do you do during the day? Do you have friends? Do you go out? Is there anything you enjoy?

Why not get a job, find your own place to live, start getting out, doing things?

It's really easy to fall into a rut. It sounds like this is what's happened to you.

Make small goals for yourself. Like tomorrow. Instead of doing the usual, maybe wake up, get dressed, go for a walk. Or clean the kitchen and make breakfast for everyone. How about volunteering at a homeless shelter?

You have to change things. No one else can do it for you.

Good luck.
    Miniie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 01:19 AM

I used to pay rent, my brother does now. I got laid off. I've been applying to jobs, but I can't seem to find one.
    My mom gets section 8 assistance, and the agreement is that only her and I are to be here.. Now there are 5 of us...

I don't really want to hang out with friends.. I just feel like being alone..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miniie View Post
    I used to pay rent, my brother does now. I got laid off. I've been applying to jobs, but i can't seem to find one.
    My mom gets section 8 assistance, and the agreement is that only her and I are to be here.. Now there are 5 of us...

I don't really want to hang out with friends.. I just feel like being alone..
    And what do you do when you're alone?

Times are tough. Jobs aren't easy to find. Why not spend this time doing something useful?

Volunteer at a soup kitchen, it will really put things in perspective. There are a lot of people out there right now that need help, that are homeless, jobless, foodless. Those people get up every day hoping to change their luck.

Instead of spending time on the internet or playing sims (I read your other posts) why not go out and meet real people?

Get out of the house if you can't stand being there.

Do something.

Only you can change this. Not your mom, your brother, anyone else.

Get out of the rut.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

Sick and tired of living in fear. [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound, well, strange. But I have a fear of fainting. This is not a small fear, by any means, in fact, it's taking over my life. I'm afraid to leave my bed. I think about it 24/7! I can't go out, I can't get a job, I'm freaking out all the time. It is sooo bad that I'm even starting to...

Living in? [ 4 Answers ]

Do you agree with living in before marriage?

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

View more questions Search