Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LollitaStar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Gray hair too much
    I am 57 years old. I have been completely gray for about five years. My hair was originally very dark brown (almost black) and long. I started getting gray in my 20's, so I spent years coloring my hair. I finally decided to let the gray grow out. Now, that it's completely gray, it seems to be "too much" gray. Sometimes in pictures, my head almost "glows" it's so white. It's white, not yellow at all. Do you have suggestions for toning down the gray. Friends tell me it ages me tremendously and that I should color it back to my "natural" color of dark brown, but I hate to do that because it took so long to get it gray. Any suggestions? My hair is short, but I'd like to let it grow out a little (not too long, please), and get a little color back, maybe like a few low lights to make it salt and pepper -- just something to tone down the white!! Any suggestions will help! And, please, no purple or blue hair! :o
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 20, 2006, 03:25 PM
    If you want to tone down your hair gray and don't want to commit to a permanent color, you can use a semi-permanent color that doesn't contain any peroxide. Most semi- permanent color will last 1-4 weeks. You can also put lowlights in your hair, it will tone down the white and add soft contrasts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gray Hair [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for a 19 yr is getting gray hairs?

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Gray brick/paver [ 5 Answers ]

I want to use 2 courses of brick along the perimeter of my planter area. About 60 linear feet.BUT... what I am looking for in a brick( or artificial paving stone) doesn't seem to exist. I'm looking for a brick that is DARK gray. I have seen light gray pavers out there, but they are almost the...

Returning to gray hair [ 5 Answers ]

I have coloured my hair with a semipermanent dark brown hair colouring. I want to return to my natural hair colour, silver gray. How would I go about doing this? Do I have to just let my hair grow out or can I strip it and colour it gray? Please advise.

Tired of dyeing my gray hair [ 1 Answers ]

I've decided I'm really tired of dyeing my hair. It's mostly gray now but was colored sort of a light reddish brown, with the intended color being strawberry blonde. So now my roots are maybe an inch long -- is there a way I can remove the color from my hair? Will the dark hairs (I still have...

View more questions Search