Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    just426106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 06:11 AM
    Maytag fridge not cooling III
    I have a Maytag Model # MTB1956GE* the freezer seems to be working fine but the fridge has stopped cooling. The unit was also making loud noises like a "popping" or banging noise. It almost sounded like someone inside the fridge hitting the side of the fridge. I think I heard the compressor kick on but the unit did not cool down any.

Any Ideas??

Thank you in advanced
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2006, 07:48 AM
    I am guessing this is not a DIY project. The freezer and refrigerator have separate expansion valves. It sounds like something has gone wrong in the refrigerator section. A technician will have to evacuate the Freon and repair the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Need Help on cooling issue. My maytag MSD2756AEW side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. When I close the freezer side the cold air stops coming into the refrigerator side. There is no blockage in the crossover vent at the top. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

Maytag Frig not cooling [ 59 Answers ]

Our 4 year old Maytag refrigerator (MTB2156GE) is not providing adequate cooling. We pulled it out and cleaned behind and below- all systems appear to be working, but even as we adjust thermostat for cooler temp, it remains tempid inside. Frig has also been making some loud noises- almost like the...

Maytag fridge not cooling II [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I'm a newbie - earlier this year there was a thread describing a problem and solutions almost identical to mine. I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator Model # MTB1956GE*. Like "Maytag fridge not cooling", my evap fan (the one that cools the coils on bottom/rear of fridge) won't always kick on...

Maytag fridge noises [ 1 Answers ]

I started renting my current apartment 3 months ago. The fridge is newer and nice but ever since I moved in it makes thwocking noises like someone is inside of it throwing rocks at the door. They are very loud! I haven't been too worried until I opened up the freezer(top) section yesterday and...

View more questions Search