Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fal1018 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Shotgun plug
    I recently bought a 12 ga. Shotgun and was wondering about the plug inside that allows for 2 shells and one in the chamber. Is it legal and or feasible to take out the wooden plug to allow for more shells to fit in. I will be shooting trap primarily. Thank you.
    thora Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
    We need more info. What state do you live in? In FL you are allowed 5 rounds. Different states, different laws...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:13 PM

In Texas you can take the plug out when it is not migratory bird season, during that period you have to have the plug in even if you are target shooting.
    fal1018 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thora View Post
    We need more info. What state do you live in? In FL you are allowed 5 rounds. Different states, different laws...
    Sorry about the vague question. I am in Pennsylvania. When trap shooting you really don't have time to get off more then 3 shots especially a pump which is what I have. Just wandering. Thanks for answering.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
    My response is get used to reloading after every clay. Have a shell bag on your belt and pop in a couple of shells after every target is shot at. That's what you'll be doing when you hunt birds, and that's basically what skeet/trap shooting was created for, to practice for hunting. Your gun should hold three shells with the plug in, and you're not shooting at more than three targets are you? I don't mean that as a smarta$$ answer, it just makes for good practice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I plug my electric oven into a normal plug socket? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I plug my electric single oven into a normal plug socket?

BAC libraries in hierarchical shotgun sequencing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Could someone please explain a few reasons about why bacterial artificial chromosomes were so crucial to the success of the hierarchical shotgun sequencing. I know that the use of bac libraries is one reason but I think I am missing something. Also some help on how bac librarise are used in...

12-3 wiring from gfi plug to outlet to plug in a 110v pool pump [ 5 Answers ]

Need to verify proper wiring for above 110v pool pump.

Movie in which Audie Murphy uses a pistol grip shotgun [ 1 Answers ]

My memories of this are pertty vague, but I'm fairly certain that it Was Audie Murphy. I think the hero was injured or something, and Cut down a shotgun, sawing off the barrel and the stock to make a Shotgun pistol, and then using it in a swivel holster. Any ideas what Movie this was from,...

Replace 2-plug GFGI with a 4-plug GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and my wife wants a 4 plug outlet. She currently uses one for the hair dryer and one to charge her electric toothbrush. The intent is to add a lighted mirror or something else that uses little power. Would it be OK to replace the GFCI with a 4 plug GFCI? I suspect...

View more questions Search