Ask
    Schatzy07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Can I put water up my vagina?
    Like with a syringe or something? I just want to know
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 03:15 PM

The vagina is self cleaning.. you do need to have a shower/bath of course,but there really is no need to purposely squirt water in there.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:33 PM

There is no reason to at all.

However, its not going to hurt you. Its referred to as douching. (dont critizise my spelling! :P )

Many women like to use a douche after periods and after sex. A store bought one is much preferred to plain water, as water can sometimes make you go 'dry' and can be uncomfratable.

If you are getting extreamly 'dirty' down there to make you want to wash INSIDE, you may want to talk to your mother, as she may be able to help you determine what is wrong. If you have a yeast infection, it needs medicine :)

Hope I helped :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:36 PM

Just curious to know why you want to squirt water in your vagina? Are you trying to get rid of something? An odor maybe? If your just doing it for fun I wouldn't and please don't stick a syringe in your private area. ::sign:: They have douches for that but I wouldn't recommend you using it.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2009, 05:55 PM

Douches have actually been known to cause more problems than they do fixing them, they can cause infections and dryness.

If you are having a problem with excess discharge or odor it's best to see your doctor as you may well have trush or another type of infection. You doctor will give you creams and maybe suggest a diet change.
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2009, 07:54 AM

I agree with Jenniepepsi. It's good to be clean. All bodies don't work the same. Some are self-cleaning and others need some help. Definitely talk to your Mother!
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Jun 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Bad idea
    Couldn't hurt, but don't take the risk
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 24, 2009, 12:29 AM

Forcing water up your vagina at a high enough pressure (which is MUCH lower than you would think) can actually cause damage and infection. The skin in there is very sensitive and easily damaged.

Douching shouldn't cause any damage as long as you don't do it too often and don't have any allergic reactions. You should definitely use an actual douche kit, though, and NOT just a syringe and tap water.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 03:56 AM

And what is your age, and again, why are you wanting to do this
    gabriela_dc Posts: 17, Reputation: 6

Jun 24, 2009, 04:34 AM

MY roommates friend is a stripper and she recommended us to douche lol we didn't know what it was we felt dumb and we thought we were dirty.I find out today its not that common lol.I tried it and its OK.doesnt hurt
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2009, 03:11 PM
    I feel like an idiot but what is douching ?:o :)
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 29, 2009, 03:31 PM

Basically, it's putting water up your vagina.

Jun 29, 2009, 03:34 PM

Natalie1xxx
    Vaginal douche is a process of rinsing or cleaning the vagina by forcing water or another solution into the vaginal cavity to flush away vaginal discharge or other contents. Vaginal douches are available over-the-counter and are made in a variety of fragrances by several manufacturers; they are also available by prescription to treat certain conditions or prepare for certain procedures. Go tohttp://www.web.com/womenshealthtopics/a/vagdouching.html
    There is a debate there that has the pro's and cons of douching and you can learn more about it. SS

Oh haha but why would you do it ?

Oh thanks :)

Jun 29, 2009, 09:17 PM
    It's a body cavity, a lot like your mouth.Some times it needs to be taken care of too.

Usually its because some bacteria or yeast got in there. It can get in there and cause problems by douching if you don't know what you are doing. Having to take antibiotics can cause a yeast infection and there is another called BV that happens and no one really know how it happens and that one is caused by bacteria.

A Doctor will tell you what to do about it if you have an odor. A Doctor will prescribe certain medicated douches for infection. It is much better not to douche unless a Doctor tells you to. If it smells fishey or elsewise in that area, it's a good time to go to a Doctor and get checked out for infection. Maybe a pap smear done by a Doctor.

If you are old enough to ask, you are old enough to find out about these things. But you should be sure to learn the truth, not someone's idea of what they think you should know. You need to see a Doctor and ask questions.

Ask your Mom, if you can. I raised two girls and I know how it is, but if you can get over the nervousness of talking openly with each other it's great to form that bond with your Mother and be able to talk to her about anything that you have questions about. You might have to take the lead and get her to talk about it, but it would be worth the trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is a vagina? [ 8 Answers ]

Why do so many people think that a vulva is a vagina?

Bumps on vagina [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 15, nearing 16 years old. I have had a "bump" on the outside of my vagina under pubic hair. It feels like a large... Bug bite, except this "bump" has been there for several months, if not a bit longer. At one point, puss came out from it after taking a shower, as it would from, perhaps a...

Vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it that sometimes my vagina smells and sometimes it doesn't? Sometimes I notice a smell sometimes I don't... Could that be like a dormant then active infection or something? I make sure that Im clean by using a little soap and water in the bath... but I don't know how to stop the off and on...

Wet vagina [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. Being get aroused by my BF and before sex I get very wet, I mean my vagina becomes too wet. And my BF does not like it. As he comes up to me he shrinks from my vagina as it is wet. Why is it so? And how to do it less wet?:(

Come on the outside of the vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible of being pregnant if you weight 115 pounds and you have not put on weight and it would be the 32nd week of the pregnancy also only precum got on the outside of the vagina by finger?

View more questions Search