Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Too much Oil? Troy Built Riding Mower smoking
    My Troy Built riding mower is smoking?

Did I put too much oil in? If so, can I run it for a while to fix the problem?

Thank You

RM:( :(
    jetiba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 12:31 PM

We changed the filter on ours, (it was filthy) and that fixed it.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 12:55 PM

Hi,
    Model? Walk behind or rider? To receive valuable assistance you must provide some of your own!
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing Oil, Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 5 Answers ]

I am ded3 and new at lawn care. I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and would Like to know where to drain the oil in order to change it as well as an easy Way to get to the spark plug. Can anyone help in simple language for Beginner?

Troy Bilt Riding MOwer (Bronco) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower (42 inches deck) bought last year. I am looking to put a bagger with chute on it. Do you know if a Craftsman bagger ( 6 Bushel 2 - Bin Hard Bagger for 42" Deck ) will fit? I know all most of the available mowers in the market are built by MTD, do the...

Troy Bilt Pony Riding Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Troy Bilt Pony riding lawn mower two years ago this summer. I started it for the first time yesterday and after mowing for about 5 minutes, white smoke started coming out of the exhaust. I stopped the mower and restarted it after a minute or so. I drove about 10 feet and the smoke...

Walk behind troy built self propelled lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

The self propelled feature in this mower is not working properly .It does not have enough pulling power to move the mower along.Can someone tell me how to make this repair or adjustment.

Troy-Bilt riding mower quits [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 troy-bilt mower quits running when I disengage the break and/or engage the mower. I've been told it was a safety switch. Any tips..

View more questions Search