Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maklanava Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset
    We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push now. Does anyone know which ones to select?
    bingston Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maklanava
    We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push now. Does anyone know which ones to select?
    I have a 1701, and the sequence is heated dry-normal wash-heated dry-normal wash; but I understand for the 1703 the buttons are heated wash-heated dry instead. Ooh, and I see there are some similar answers below that probably have the same information.

Cheers
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Mar 3, 2007, 06:27 PM
    My Sears washer is model 665.17029400 and reset is as follows-Press normal wash and heated dry one after the other about 5 times.All lights on panel will light.Wait until all lights go out and it resets itself.It will go into a mode on it's own.Then press cancel and set your options as you normally would and press start.This worked for me after not having washer for 3 months.Sears customer service told me to turn off breaker for 5 minutes and it would reset itself-NOT TRUE! Depend on sites like this for practical imfo.Sears does not want you to know these things as it would eliminate expensive and unessary service calls.
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Mar 3, 2007, 06:32 PM
    P.S. I see some people using 1700 numbers which are typically stock numbers which can change from time to time.The model numbers are as I have listed above.This may help you in the future when searching for answers to your questions. Ciao!
    Pele1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisst
    My Sears washer is model 665.17029400 and reset is as follows-Press normal wash and heated dry one after the other about 5 times.All lights on panel will light.Wait until all lights go out and it resets itself.It will go into a mode on it's own.Then press cancel and set your options as you normally would and press start.This worked for me after not having washer for 3 months.Sears customer service told me to turn off breaker for 5 minutes and it would reset itself-NOT TRUE! Depend on sites like this for practical imfo.Sears does not want you to know these things as it would eliminate expensive and unessary service calls.
    Thanks for your help! Great community.:)
    sidneysdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 12:05 AM
    curtisst and community - thanks for the code to reset the cleaning light. That worked for me. I had gone through everything in the user's guide and looking for "suds." I should have come to this site first.
    tonybui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maklanava
    Curtisst,

You are tha man! I have just reset my Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It works wonderfully.

What a powerful internet age!

Tony
    Lillys_Daddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2009, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bingston View Post
    I have a 1701, and the sequence is heated dry-normal wash-heated dry-normal wash; but I understand for the 1703 the buttons are heated wash-heated dry instead. Ooh, and I see there are some similar answers below that probably have the same information.

cheers

I love this site!!
    Our Kenmore 665.1603 started acting up, not cleaning the dishes well, cutting off mid cycle, and then finally we got the "green" clean flashing light. The machine would not turn on, total bummer! I called service and all they could tell me was that an extended warranty cost over $200.00 for a year, or a service call would cost $65.00 plus parts and labor. We were not pleased.

I checked this site, saw the fix and the machine is working brilliantly.

We pushed the NORMAL WASH then HEATED DRY buttons one after the other until all the lights on the board lit up (3X's). The dishwasher went into a cycle; we canceled it, and then started our cycle as normal and it works fine.

I have to say, I think it is total crap that the "phone tech" could not tell me this, or that this VERY simple fix is not in the owners’ manual.

I'm done with Sears.
    Lillys_Daddy
    secrity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 03:54 AM
    On my Kenmore Elite with hidden buttons, I don't know the model number, it was:

Heated Dry, Hi Temp Wash, Heated Dry, Hi Temp Wash, close the door, Start, open the door, Cancel 2x.

That is odd, Spell Check in this forum doesn't know about the word "Kenmore" or about "Maytag".
    carolmac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Hey, owners of Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash Dishwashers Models 665.1726* -- READ the suggestions here about dealing with the flashing green "clean" light indicating a malfunction. I had emptied the dishwasher two days ago and wondered why some of the top items weren't dry -- but proceeded to start reloading without much thought of it until tonight when it was time to run it! Naturally, I discovered that the "clean" green light flashing meant a malfunction and I was resigned to washing things manually until I could contact Sears next week. First, I checked the dishwasher itself and retrieved a knife and a plastic clamp from the bottom which had both worked themselves under the heat coil. Then I turned the circuit breaker off and on (but not long enough I guess,) but it still wouldn't start.
    Finally headed to my computer and lo and behold, the suggestions on this website about pushing the "hi temp wash" and "heated dry" buttons worked! All the lights came on, the system reset itself -- and I'm now washing a load of very dirty dishes again~!
    Thanks, all, for sharing your experiences that work! I'm so happy! :)
    deedavis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 07:42 PM
    This is so great--Last year I had to have a $75.00 service call for 'blinking clean /won't start' and all he did was stand between me and the machine, an Ultra 4, and hit buttons. He wouldn't tell me, and when I tried to see, he covered up all the buttons. Today it did the same thing so I started looking for more info on line. Found this and can't thank you all enough not giving Kenmore another service call and for saving me the $75.
    For mine the heated dry -normal wash repeated sequence caused all the lights to light up--then I closed the door, hit cancel, then start and it automatically started on normal wash, heated dry. I opened the door, pushed cancel, closed door, pushed smart wash, hi temp wash,** turned off heated dry and hit start. It is fine again.

Thanks so much to everyone for sharing and 'sucks' to kenmore for not making this info available--by phone, on line, in the manual--anywhere. I specifically asked the telephone service person for the reset sequence and was told I could only get it with a service call. It is such a scam to get customers to buy maintenance contracts or pay $75. For a 5 minute 'service' call. That man earned his money with the abuse I gave him.
    Dee

** I use hi temp wash because I keep the water heater just over 100 degrees.
    carolmac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Hooray! Glad we collectively were able to help someone in the same boat -- and you're right, this info should be in the service manual. Shame on Kenmore/Sears.
    deedavis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmac View Post
    Hooray! Glad we collectively were able to help someone in the same boat -- and you're right, this info should be in the service manual. Shame on Kenmore/Sears.
    What makes things even more disgusting is that I am a licensed plumber in my state (union so I do new construction not service--) and they still refused to give me the reset code because I am not a registered Sears repair person. I even offered to fax my license card. Their reason was that I could cause further damage to MY machine. Whatever. Just their way to **** us.
    Dee
    Mandarin15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 12:00 PM
    FYI, I have a 665.1691, which does not have the "heated dry" button mentioned in the posts above. However, the pattern of "Hi Temp Scrub - Air Dry- Hi Temp Scrub - Air Dry" worked. It lit up all of the LEDs and when I pressed "Start" it went into a 10-count diagnostic sequence with a 3 minute cycle. This cured my "Sanitized" LED flashing problem.
    Thank you to this forum, which helped me figure out the reset code for my model!
    KarCray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Thank you for the code! I had the green light flashing tonight and thought we would have to call Sears... you have saved me a bundle! Thanks!
    Greynthewolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 10:16 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forums here.

I noticed the only two model series mentioned here are the 1600 series and the 1700 series. My model number is 665.13712k601.

Same problem as the rest of you... blinking lights, normal wash, cancel/drain; back and fourth. I've tried the "normal wash, heated dry" x3 sequence, and every other 2 button x,y,x,y,x,y sequence possible. Still won't go into the diagnostic sequence.

Any ideas?
    stevek09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Great site - now bookmarked!

Thanks for the info people. The normal wash - heated dry repeated sequence worked for me.

I had toothpicks and glass bits blocking the pump inlets. We really have to rinse more often.
    Mylenda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Thank you, thank you! We have been looking at dishwashers - because I really do want to replace this one, but not NOW! It's Christmas! So, we had the blinking green light and could not figure out what to do except replace it. Decided to go to the internet and do some serious searching, didn't take long to find this site and she is in there running through a cycle as I type! Thank you for sharing, Merry Christmas to all! (Hopefully nobody HAS to get an appliance under the tree this year, especailly at this house)!
    medooli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillys_Daddy View Post
    I love this site!!!
    Our Kenmore 665.1603 started acting up, not cleaning the dishes well, cutting off mid cycle, and then finally we got the "green" clean flashing light. The machine would not turn on, total bummer!! I called service and all they could tell me was that an extended warranty cost over $200.00 for a year, or a service call would cost $65.00 plus parts and labor. We were not pleased.

I checked this site, saw the fix and the machine is working brilliantly.

We pushed the NORMAL WASH then HEATED DRY buttons one after the other until all the lights on the board lit up (3X's). The dishwasher went into a cycle; we canceled it, and then started our cycle as normal and it works fine.

I have to say, I think it is total crap that the "phone tech" could not tell me this, or that this VERY simple fix is not in the owners’ manual.

I'm done with Sears.
    Lillys_Daddy
    Thank you very much for posting this. I thought we would have to call someone to come and reset it. You saved us money we didn't have. I cannot live without my dishwasher. Thank you to all who posted on this subject. You are all awsome!
    jacquescrit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 11:04 AM

used the heated dry- normal wash x3 sequence, all lights went on, restarted cycle I cancelled and the washer works fine. From what I have read elsewhere, the interrupt *may* have something to do with a thermostat circuit cutting out if the entry hot water is too high ( more than 145F) - it seems like a buggy safety feature i.e. the circuit board thinks that the water heater is overheating. The makers have apparently made changes to the control board to fix this bug but it costs serious $$$ to get a repairman in and buy the new board.

I prefer to use the reset code and turn down my heater a bit!

Note that this happened on Xmas day and I called Sears and they of course set up a service visit hohohohoho...

I like

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 5 years old. About 3 weeks ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock which it did, but still will not start. Now, the delay 2 hour light is constantly blinking and my dishwasher still...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a user manual or simply some explanation as to the various controls on the Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher. It is an older model #110753613 Serial number FFA0404041 I have done a lot of searching on the net and the only thing I can find is that Kenmore will give you the user...

View more questions Search