Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MandyMarieLove Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Jun 17, 2009, 10:24 PM
    I've Been On My Period For 15-16 Days, What's Going On?
    Hi, My name is Amanda. Let me give you a breif of my self. I'm a 16 years old. I am on birth control for irregular periods, and severe cramping. I recently started my period two and a half weeks early. I haven't stopped since. So I have been on my period for 15- 16 days. Two days ago is when I started my sugar pills, and now I am on my peroid still, but it's so much worse. It is extremely painfull, and is completley wearing me out. I have no idea what it could be, or what can be happening. I have a doctors appt. in a couple of days. But honestly, I don't have that well of a patience. Is there someone out there that can try yo help me?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2009, 05:18 AM

It could just be from your birth control pills... some women will experience irregular bleeding which can be heavy at times... along with the cramping. Sometimes a change in the type of pill is all that is needed.

Might be they will do an ultrasound to check for possible cysts as well. There can be a number of possible causes for irregular bleeding, you'll have to wait and see what you find out at your doctor's appointment.

Jun 18, 2009, 10:54 AM

Thanks a lot. I have been so worried. I didn't know what to do.. I just wish the pain would come to an end. It's never been this horrible.. lol. :DDD
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 10:58 AM

I had this problem several times when I was in my teens and it took the doctor tinkering with the birth control to find the one that was best for me. They gave me a medicine called "Progestin" a few times to make the bleeding stop. All my exams were normal but it was just something that randomly happened.

I had to increase my iron intake as well during this time because I was left feeling very weak due to the heavy periods.

Jun 18, 2009, 11:07 AM

Ohhh. That might explain all the fatigue and weakness. My mom has recently told me that she had a lot of problems with her reproductive system and her menstrual period as well as a teen. She develop cyrvical cancer in her early thirties. But I don't believe that's geneitc. I'm really not sure. :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 11:12 AM

When you go to the doctor be sure to mention the fatigue and weakness. They will do what's called a hematocrit, which tests your blood volume. You may be anemic (that's what was going on with me) and if that's the case, it can be very serious if not managed.

Be sure to mention all of your symptoms to your doctors so that they can do the appropriate tests.

Jun 18, 2009, 11:15 AM

Thanks, it nice to hear from someone else what might be going on. It's not so much that I am nervous, but that it is making me go crazy because of the pain and the offs and on.. lol. :DD
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 11:21 AM

I remember being very miserable when that happened to me. A few times I had periods that lasted 14-21 days, and a couple times even 30 days. This happened to me ages 13-16 and it was difficult to deal with. I was always tired but I also had a lot of accidents because of the heavy bleeding which was really embarrassing! But it worked out over time and once we got it fixed, my period has stayed normal (and light) over the years.

Good luck and be sure to come back and let us know you're OK! :)

Jun 18, 2009, 11:27 AM

I will for sure. Thanks for all the help. I truly appretiate it. More than you could ever know. :D
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 01:09 PM

As for the pain, I'm guessing cramps and maybe backaches? You can try a heating pad. That always helps me. And midol or advil if you're not already taking it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant? Got intimate & gt regular period aftr 10 days, then nxt month missed period [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my fiancée are in a real confused and tensed state. We love each other more than anything, or anybody.. Last month, one night we became intimate, and I rubbed my penis (not the tip) against her vagina.. We have never had intercourse.. And I have never ejaculated on her.. Last month...

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Started because pack 2 days late, and I now have my period 15 days later [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was meant to start my first pill of my new pack Monday, march 16th. However I did not pick up my prescription until Tuesday night and so I started the pack Wednesday the 18th at my regular time. Usually when I forget a pill for a few hours I only bleed a little that same day, and then it...

View more questions Search