Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emerylynnlove Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Why are my periods so far apart, and why cant I get pregnant?
    I am 24 and have never had a regualar period they are always spread out between three to six months and last anywhere from three days to two months, doctors have never told me way this is, and I have been trying to get pregnant with my husband for four years now and we have never even had a false alarm, I know the problem is with me but for once I would just like someone to tell me what could be causing this and what to do to make it better
    jojomo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 06:37 PM

I'm thinking maybe if you are over weight you should try to drop a few pound. If not congratulations. However, have you ever noticed that after your period or maybe before your period you start to ovulate, that's when you should really have a lot of sex, that's when the egg is in place and waiting for the sperm. Good luck
    emerylynnlove Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Thanks anyway but I am only 150 lbs and 56 doctors tell me I am the prefect weight and not o gain or loss any and we have tried the ovalution kits and done all the old methods and nothing has worked still but thanks anyway
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:30 PM

Have you truly seen 56 doctors? What sort of testing has been done on both you and your husband?

It's quite possible you aren't ovulating on a regular basis, which obviously would limit the number of cycles that you could conceive in.

Have you been to see a reproductive endocrinologist? Both you and your husband should have some testing started. It is close to half of the time that the male partner is the reason, or part of the reason, conception is not occurring. Even if he has had other children before, it does not rule out there being a concern now.

There are a number of reasons you might not be getting pregnant, but certainly the fact that you are having infrequent cycles is one likely reason that should be looked into.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:46 PM

I am going through the same thing hon, except not so large a gap between periods. Usually every other month or every 2 months and I cannot get pregnant either.

You may want to be tested for poly cistic ovarian syndrom (not sure if I spelled it correctly) my sister has this, and I am being tested for it as well (havnt gotten any results back yet lol)

Good luck hon.
    emery_lynn_love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 03:45 PM

Yes I have really seen 56 doctors and they done all kinds of test on me and him the last results just came in on Friday and to come to find out even when I do ovualt which is very rare my eggs are no good, they can not be fertilized something to do with something that happened when I was a baby and doctors giving me too much of the wrong meds for to long but thank you to every one for responding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been trying for a baby my last period only last for one day and was just a drop the same thing happened a week later. I have not noticed any change apart from when I eat feel sick and hardly have an appetite anymore also my legs feel numb sometimes. I took a pregnancy test...

Why can't I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Me & my ex-boyfriend have being trying for 6yrs now and I can't get pregnant. Then all of a sudden we broke up because of the issue. He wanted a child bad. Then like a year later he had sex with two girls which both became pregnant. He's not sure if he's the father yet, because we both are the same...

Can I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé 4 years and we have not been using protection for 3 years I am worried I can't get pregnant what should I think? Each month my period comes a week sooner than the last, they are getting closer and closer together. What could be the reason?

How to get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband been trying to get pregnant but nothing yet we've trying for a few months already I have to kids already and I'm wondering why its so hard now

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

View more questions Search