Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captsaveahouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Drain,vent & p trap diagram
    I am remodeling my bathroom with toilet and shower on same wall within 3 feet . On the other side of the wall is my washing machine I am trying to find a diagram or picture showing how to place vents & traps and if possible being so close share the vent. I have looked everywhere can anyone help
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Hi Captain...

Exactly what do you need to know.. There are a few guys here that would be glad to help... just need to know a little more information.

What pipes are existing now? Are you moving pipes, adding pipes, relocating pipes? What size is the pipe going over to the washing machine? What size is the washing machine vent?

Tell us what you can...

MARK
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:57 AM
    Hi Captsaveahouse: your rough-in should look like this (UPC version ):
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 10, 2009, 11:33 AM
    You're not installing a lavatory or vanity in your new bath?
    captsaveahouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi Captain...

Exactly what do you need to know...? There are a few guys here that would be glad to help...just need to know a little more information.

What pipes are existing now? Are you moving pipes, adding pipes, relocating pipes? What size is the pipe going over to the washing machine? What size is the washing machine vent?

Tell us what you can...

MARK
    I have a existing laundry tub drain system with a 2 in. pipe abs in the wall going through the floor with no trap in the wall. I was told the trap needs to be no lower than 6 in. above the floor. The pipe is centered between the studs with no room for trap. I am remodeling the bathroom so I have access to the pipe from the laundry room , I was going to add a trap and vent but there is no room unless its under the floor what do I do
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 12:04 PM

San T and Trap will fit exactly between studs ( 14 1/2")... If not, drill through next stud and install trap in next bay... See pic...
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting to 1 1/2" copper drain with pvc kitchen sink drain trap [ 8 Answers ]

I'm trying to rehook up the kitchen sink pvc trap to the old copper drain pipe but the connector doesn't fit tight enough and the water links out. Any ideas how to stop this leak?

Adding drain for washing machine - do I need a pea trap and vent? [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing 2 new washers and dryers on each floor in our two flat in a kitchen pantry (the building is 120 year old frame building.) We are installing the wall insert that has the hole for the water coming in and a hole to put the drain hose going out. I know it has to be about 42" off the...

Washer drain overflow - plumbing diagram - do I need additional air vent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3" sewage pipe that runs from the basement floor to the roof. I cut about a foot of the sewage pipe and connected a 2" pvc pipe with 2" trap for the washer drain line. I am getting over flow from the stand pipe. There is no blockage of the sewage pipe. When I cut it open, it was...

Vent diagram - does this meet code (see pic)? Vent runs below actual drain [ 4 Answers ]

The schematic below should make it clear the configuration I would like to use. Basically, I would like to keep the vent under the floor for a little ways, so it pops up in a better location. I cannot easily move the 2" drain location going down and would rather not go straight up from the...

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

View more questions Search