Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittne2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 12:30 AM
    What do I do after a chemical burn on my scalp?
    I had my hair "professionally" done at a salon, and it turned out horribly. I have naturally blonde hair but had been coloring my hair dark brown for about 2 years. I got tired of constantly having to touch up my roots, so I decided to start lightening it. When I explained to the stylist that I was only expecting a shade (maybe two) lighter, she proceeding with chemically rinsing my hair twice, bleaching it once, and toning it 4 times. The whole process took about 4 hours. Within a few hours of getting home, I became nausious and starting sweating profusely. Then I started to notice that the top of my ear and my scalp closest to my neck was really sore. Now my ear looks like it is sunburned really bad and my scalp has scabs all along my hairline. How do I treat my scalp? How long should I wait before I color it? It's just really embarrassing to have rust colored hair with scabs all over my hairline.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 04:02 AM

Wait until your scalp heals. You don't want second degree scalp burns. As for what to treat it with -- treat it just like a burn, which it is.
    lolls Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 17, 2009, 11:21 PM
    I just got a bad allergic reaction to a black hair dye. I had to do to the dermatologist for a cortizone shot. Do you have an itchy scalp? Is your scalp wet like an open wound? Do you have lumps under your skin on the back of your had and neck?

If so go buy a Peppermint Oil based leave in conditioner and leave it on your hair after you shower. It will help you make it through the night without itching. You can leave it in during the day to if you wear a head wrap or bandana.

And call a dermatologist to get a shot. My reaction took over a week in a half to develop so catch it before it gets worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

Chemical Burn on a Bad Sunburn [ 2 Answers ]

I got a bad sunburn on the back of my neck yesterday. That night, my boyfriend put hair stripper(bleach) on my hair and he got some of it on the sunburn. It hurt for awhile. We didn't immediately wash it off for about 6 -10 minutes. After rinsing the haircolor out I noticed a puffy spot on the back...

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search