Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacky1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Ants in my car!
    Hey. I have a major problem and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix it. For like a month now I have had a major ant problem in my car! I was on my way home one day and I looked down and there were a ton of ants on my pop can. The can was there from the night before so its not like I had it in there for a long time and ants collected. Now I can have a pop in there and run into a store for like half an hour and when I get back there will be a TON of ants on the pop. I've been trying to keep it clean and have put some ant killer things in the car but it doesn't seem to help at all. I don't see them at all if there's nothing in there but once I leave a pop or food, they swarm. I don't know where they are coming from either. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of them? Do I need to get my car deitaled or something? Please help! Thanks!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 31, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Sounds like a colony has set up a secondary nest somewhere in the car. Detailing may help, but even that isn't guaranteed.

You have basically two options:
    Driving them out of the car
    Killing them in the car

Driving them out of the car is going to be very difficult, because the ones you need gone are the queen and the eggs. Is there some time you can leave the car parked for about 48 hours? An aerosol fogger in a sealed up vehicle should chase them out well enough, but then you'll need a thourough detail job for the smell of the pesticide.

Killing them in the car will take longer, but won't stink and you can keep driving. Take one of your old half-empty soda cans and spoon in 2 tablespoons of boric acid roach powder. Get a straw and stir it up until the powder is dissolved. Let the ants have at it, check it each day and do it again if they finish the soda before they're gone.
    stacky1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 04:02 PM
    What is the roach powder? Where can I get it? Do they have it at like walmart or something? I think I'll try that. Thanks!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 02:40 AM
    You can most likely find boric acid powder at Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, and quite likely at Dollar General. Read the "active ingredients" on the label. What you want is "Boric Acid 99%" or "Orthoboric Acid 99%."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ants, and plants, any ground cover ants don't like? [ 8 Answers ]

We have major problem with small sugar ants. Is there any kind of ground cover or other plants that ants don't like that we could plant. We spray every year. Does not seem to do any good. We end up with them in our house. Going crazy. Help please, any ?

Need to get rid of ants. [ 2 Answers ]

I've got little black ants getting in the house. I noticed that they are pretty thick in my mulch bed. I sprayed some bug spray all around the base of the house and over the mulch bed, but they aren't seeming to go away. Any ideas of what else I can do? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Ants everywhere [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know a great way to get rid of ants? I have little bity ants... on my house, on my car, IN my car, in my shower, etc. They have little "holes" or tunnels in my back yard too. I have tried "Triazaphene" (sp?) but it is not working. HELP

Getting rid of ANTS! [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up yesterday to find my kitchen walls and counters covered by ants. I clean and disinfect the kitchen everyday. None of the products that I've tried have worked. Any suggestion?

Get rid of My ANTS! [ 7 Answers ]

I have ants in my bathroom and my sink. How do I get rid of them? I've put the poison on the beds, but they still thrive. Help me.:confused:

View more questions Search