Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dana1961 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Ford Contour- fan on a/c & heater will not run
    The fan on the a/c & heater on my 2000 Ford contour will not come on until after I have driven several miles. I have to drive over 45mph for it to come on even then. The fan will not even come on when it is switched to just the vents. This happens each time the car is turn off and restarted. It's 90 degrees here so please help before I melt!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 10:41 AM

Here's what I would try:

Consulting your Owner's Manual, locate the under dash fuse going to the Blower Motor Relay Coil (likely 10A). Disconnect the negative battery cable, after recording any radio codes first, and remove and clean the Blower Motor Relay Coil Fuse with abrasive cloth. Do the same thing for the Blower Motor Fuse (likely 40A).

In the under hood fuse/relay box, locate the Low Speed Fan Relay and the High Speed Fan Relay. Remove the relays, one at a time, clean the contacts with abrasive cloth, reinstall relays, reconnect the negative battery cable, test the system, and enter any radio codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a wiring diagram for a 1997 ford contour [ 4 Answers ]

Please I'm hoping you can help, had to rebuild the wiring harness for a 1997 ford contour, all went well using standard wire crimps and heat shrinks not to mention a few pretty solders, now I plug everything in, and have issues with the cam shaft censor , and the idle speed sensor and help would be...

98 ford Contour [ 3 Answers ]

What is a transmission range sensor and how much does the part cost and the repair for a 98 Ford Contour?

BCU on 97 ford contour [ 1 Answers ]

Where is he BCU unit located on a 97 ford contour? Is it hard to replace with out a mechanics shop?

1999 Ford contour [ 1 Answers ]

ZHow do you get the alternator out oa a Ford Contour. My husband has the tire off and has it jacked up but still can't get to it. Is there a trick? He say that there is no room to turn the wrench and the screw are not located on the top.

View more questions Search