Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 04:42 AM

The Republican party is destined for the dustbin of history, as long as it continues to have dufus's as its leaders... I'm talking about people who don't know that referring to apes or watermelons in the context of black people is offensive.

I don't know WHY they don't know that, but they don't. Really! They don't know that. Or they're liars. Which one is it? From a leadership point of view, does it matter?
    I think that is more strawman unless you can produce quotes of Republican leaders referring to blacks as apes etc.
    But you are right that Republicans have done a poor pr job in pointing out the hypocrisy of the Democrats regarding race.

No segment of the population has lost more by the agendas of the liberals than the black population.
    The teachers' unions, environmental fanatics and the ACLU are just some of the groups to whose interests blacks have been sacrificed . Lousy education and high crime rates 'lost opportunities for becoming upwardly mobile are the prices they have paid for liberalism.

All the Republicans need is someone who can make the case that the making policy that rewards individual initiatives ;greater choice in education ;creating a business friendly environment that in turn creates jobs and opportunities to advance would help Black Americans more than the reliance on the Democrat Nanny-state .

Michael Steele could be that voice if he would stop silly pissing matches with Rush Limbaugh and presenting the case that Republicans need to imitate Democrats to achieve success. The Republicans will go into the dust bin of history if they continue to be Democrat-light .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I think that is more strawman unless you can produce quotes of Republican leaders referring to blacks as apes etc.
    Hello again, tom:

I don't have to produce anything... All you have to do is read the newspaper. I guess you missed it.

So, the only thing wrong with the Republican party is their sales technique - not their product...

I think you're missing something here again... In fact, the Republican ideas have been totally repudiated by the American public. I don't think they're coming back.

I agree, there's room for a party with fiscal discipline, one that is inclusive of all races, and one that has a forward looking view of America, instead of a Biblical view...

The Republican party ain't it.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Sorry can't find it . Most recent thing that made news was a cartoon in poor taste about the monkey mauling published in the NY Post... The connection to Republican leadership escapes me.

Now ;I can easily find examples of instances when Democrats made politically incorrect /racist comments about minorities also... and if we are getting into cartooning.. Ted Rall is in a league by himself.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Tell me something great raygun did ever
    One of the most amazing thing he did was publicly announce the " Star Wars" program which put our old biggest enemy into a panic. Russia overspent money they didn't have to begin with to try and counter such a weapon of "peace" The space war was won right then and there...

The joke was on Russia, There was never really such a full blown program nor was there supposed to be. It was a ruse. Only later did the reason and truth of that statement come out. Russia never trusted us and bit the hook.

I find that one of the most BRILLIANT moves ever made in our history of the cold war with Russia

Two words "Star Wars" so effecting to bring down a communist country and push them deeper into bankruptcy

I remember the actual speech when he publicly announced it

If that isn't GREAT The what is!!

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    The joke was on Russia, There was never really such a full blown program nor was there supposed to be. It was a ruse. Only later did the reason and truth of that statement come out. Russia never trusted us and bit the hook.Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    This was no ruse. Strategic Defense Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's an instructive piece about the Clinton Administration's view of SDI (May, 1993): http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/16/us...star-wars.html
    thePard Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    The Republican party lost so badly because they have betrayed their traditional small-government conservatism. They need to return to the Eisenhower era Republicans who were fiscally responsible, socially moderate and multilateral on foreign policy. The party is now controlled by big-government spenders, foreign policy hawks and the religious right factions of the party and they won't win elections until they return to their roots.
    =========================================

"The Republican party lost so badly because they have betrayed their traditional small-government conservatism. They need to return to the Eisenhower era Republicans who were fiscally responsible, socially moderate and multilateral on foreign policy."
    -----------------

BINGO!! They repubes have to stop trying to out-Democrat the Democrats.
    When the voters have no clear choice the vote for the originals.

The right sees the love and wants some, so they slide to the left to get some.
    BIG MISTAKE.

Sarah Palin could be the US's answer to Margaret Thatcher...
    She is hot too. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebuilding carburetor. [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to rebuild my carburetor on an 86 yamaha virago 700 and was looking for some pointers before I start... I've never done this before...

Rebuilding my credit [ 1 Answers ]

In a couple months I will have all my ccards paid of and all vehicles in my name paid off, the only thing on my credit report will be my school loans that I am still paying on. I was actually in a debt repayment program with most of my credit cards but have paid them all back for an amount less...

FOX News becoming international laughingstock - servant of the Republican party [ 34 Answers ]

A myth in the unmaking | Guardian daily comment | Guardian Unlimited Did anyone ever think otherwise? Have you ever watched Òutfoxed?

Rebuilding friendships [ 8 Answers ]

I remember discussing on the forum that "we can lose friends" when we lean on them too much for support. I know I have made this mistake with friends - feeling needy. I feel I am much stronger now, however I am not sure how to rebuild those friendships - as I can sense they are reluctant to...

View more questions Search