Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 03:19 AM

We debated this issue extensively during the election cycle.

Dare; do you think a backbencher from the Ill. State Senate would've been given the opportunity for a rapid rise in the ranks by the Dems if he had been a white pol.

2004 ,Obama serving in the Ill. Senate makes an address to the Dem convention... 2006 ;he runs and wins a seat in the US Senate... he stays long enough to find the men's room before he announces his candidacy for the Presidency. The rest is history .

Many of us here suspected and predicted there would be a learning curve the President would have to go through once he was da man . Hillary Clintoon said the Presidency was not the place for on the job training .The American people I guess felt different.

As I stated in my original response to this posting ;it appears that he is beginning to learn the realities of being a leader. Sometimes in retrospect;your campaign rhetoric sounds quaint.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

May 15, 2009, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    We debated this issue extensively during the election cycle.

Dare; do you think a backbencher from the Ill. State Senate would've been given the opportunity for a rapid rise in the ranks by the Dems if he had been a white pol. ?
    Yes, I would hope so. Him being black would be a disadvantage not an advantage.Which world are you living in.As I said before the common notion that blacks would vote for him because he was black is a joke,Polls showed he was trailing hillary in the primaries amongts black voters

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

Many of us here suspected and predicted there would be a learning curve the President would have to go through once he was da man . Hillary Clintoon said the Presidency was not the place for on the job training .The American people I guess felt different.
    You think any job in the world would prepare you to be the president of the united states.There is always a learning curve no matter who it is.Hillary clinton said a lot of other things which you donot quote, I guess you pick, if hillary was the president I guess you would come up with, her being female helped her win the election.

Again if you think president obama won because he was black, you need to get off that rush limba cool aid

May 15, 2009, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    What does the kkk have to do with anything exactly?

I simply struck up conversation with people who came into the store I worked at about who they wanted for president and why. I will even admit perhaps some areas were more influenced by race then others.

If you truly believe that race was absolutely no factor in this election then you are a fool.
    Your arguments are asinine and make no sense.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 04:34 AM
    And you need to take off the rose colored glasses. Obama would still be laboring in the Ill. Senate if he was a white pol.

And yes ;I think there are jobs that prepare you for the Presidency. It is no coincidence that many of our Presidents were former Governors and had real executive experience. It is no surprise that so many of the candidates had REAL US Senate experience(not just a cup of coffee) . It is no surprise that members of the House of Representatives rarely are considered . But rarest of all is a backbench State representative being propelled to the highest office in the land .
    Explain to me if it wasn't his race ;how else did he get national prominence so quickly .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 05:38 AM

Hello Dare:

Some of these people believe Obama could never have been elected if he wasn't black... They're NEVER going to change their minds. They also believe torture is cool, too. That should tell you something.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 06:22 AM

I can't wait until Pelosi is exposed with her real knowledge on this. I hear the beloved media is even going after this one.
    I hope when they release the pictures that they release what each Democrat knew as well.
    Quinn & Rose said that Obama isn't releasing the pictures because he doesn't want to get involved but he is most likely going to be leaving it open for the courts to order it. Then he can say, "It wasn't me''.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 06:48 AM

Sapph,

BINGO !

It is standard operating procedure for him going back to his days as a State Senator... vote "PRESENT" whenever possible.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    When you dont have real issues to talk about, i guess you hang on to grabage like the birth certificate, i bet if obama was white a southern accent you would not been asking him about his birth certificate

"Take your garbage somewhere else"
    To quote your exact words. Race bating is not necessary to any discussions
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

May 15, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Dare:

Some of these people believe Obama could never have been elected if he wasn't black.... They're NEVER going to change their minds. They also believe torture is cool, too. That should tell you something.

excon

Not cool, just necessary.

May 15, 2009, 11:58 PM

450 Donn. I am quoting you here
    "So since you do not believe in God/Jesus/ Holy spirit as the trinity from our book, the Bible that you will likely not make it to heaven. I am not making a judgment here, Rather you have set yourself up for judgment because of your unbelief."

I don't think I need to waste my time on you

May 16, 2009, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I can't wait til Pelosi is exposed with her real knowledge on this. I hear the beloved media is even going after this one.
    I hope when they release the pictures that they release what each Democrat knew as well.
    Quinn & Rose said that Obama isn't releasing the pictures because he doesn't want to get involved but he is most likely going to be leaving it open for the courts to order it. Then he can say, "It wasn't me''.
    I agree with you here. I think pelosi and a lot of other democrats knew about this for quiet some time and choose to do nothing about this
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 04:35 AM
    I agree with you here. I think pelosi and a lot of other democrats knew about this for quiet some time and choose to do nothing about this
    If the media will do their job Pelosi is toast on this. Her friends can't seem to get far enough away from her right now.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 16, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Any other conspiracy theory you would like to share with us.
    I'v heard that Obama has spent about $800,000 in legal fees to keep from having to provide his legal birth certificate. That would seem to provide fuel for the conspiracy theory.

May 16, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    I'v heard that Obama has spent about $800,000 in legal fees to keep from having to provide his legal birth certificate. That would seem to provide fuel for the conspiricy theory.
    Any proof of this?

May 16, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Any proof of this??
    I'm like Will Rogers. I only know what I read in the papers. I DO know he has been fighting this in the courts, because there have been suits filed for that very purpose. How much he has spent, I have no personal knowledge of.

The question remains, if he has a valid birth certificate, why fight in the courts to keep from producing it? That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 02:59 AM

I stated my position during the campaign that his birth certificate and where he was born was irrelevant to his qualifications since he was born to a US citizen .

But the question does remain ; what is he trying to hide ? Given his claims about transparency he is perhaps the most opaque person vis-a-vie his backround we have elected in my lifetime .
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 07:00 AM

Hello again:

Boy, you guys will believe ANYTHING:

http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg

excon

May 17, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Hello again:

Boy, you guys will believe ANYTHING:

http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg

excon
    Just who is Snopes, and how do we know its always right?

There HAVE been cases, and they HAVE been fought. Why?
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    There HAVE been cases, and they HAVE been fought. Why??
    Hello gal:

Instead of me looking to find that there AREN'T these cases, why don't you, the guy who said there ARE, go on the internet and show us.

Clearly, if they're there, you can find 'em. If you can't, I'll take that as a, he's a legit pres.

excon

May 17, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Hello gal:

Instead of me looking to find that there AREN'T these cases, why don't you, the guy who said there ARE, go on the internet and show us.

Clearly, if they're there, you can find 'em. If you can't, I'll take that as a, he's a legit pres.

excon

excon
    All I have to work with is dial-up and an antique that is slow as molassas in January. I think one article was from Newsmax.

Why don't you do some looking for me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheney is a SMART man [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: He looks to the past few years or so, and declares that what he did worked because we haven't been attacked again... But, look at Spain. After their subways were attacked in 2004, they WITHDREW from Iraq, and haven't been attacked again... Hmmm... So, does torturing prisoners...

Are Bush and Cheney above the Law? [ 5 Answers ]

Yesterday, Senator Patrick Leahy called Bush's refusal to release White House documents, "Nixonian stonewalling." Leahy added, "In America, no one is above law."1 When Bush refused to comply with Congressional subpoenas regarding the U.S. Attorneys firing scandal he was really flaunting his...

The 4th branch of government - Cheney! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: THIS administration gets curiouser and curiouser... You got to give the guy an A for chutzpah. You know... I think he's been the pres all along... excon

Quiet but chatty member [ 26 Answers ]

Why am I so quiet?

View more questions Search