Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunniday49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Need To Write Thank You Card For Newspaper
    I need your help. Our grandson was injured in an explosion/fire three weeks ago. My daughter-in-law asked me to write it. I need to say thank you to two E'MT units, 3 hospitals, people who donated money, brought in food, or prayed for him. It is a miracle... and we are so thankful... but I'm too emotional. We want something different from the same old Thank Yous we read everyday... WE'd appreciate it if you could share any ideas.. ideas.. Thank You!:)
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 14, 2009, 01:55 AM
    Words cannot express adequately how grateful and blessed we feel toward all the angels who saved my grandson's life after a tragic accident.

To think of facing a life without him, was beyond comprehension. To think about all of you now, I cannot possibly put the proper words together to convey how I feel about your heroic efforts, that resulted in him coming home to us.

To put his life in your hands, and to have him survive because of it, is something that we will never, ever forget, nor can we truly describe our everlasting gratitude.

Thank you to (fill in the blanks here)

Sincerely,

The... Family.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 01:01 PM

I can give it a shot... perhaps something like,

"Three weeks ago, our son David was seriously injurred as a result of an explosion and fire (name where). Learning his life was in danger, of course we were not sure what to do, or where to turn first. We were very fortunate that (EMS workers by name, hospitals, other first response people) stepped in immediately with tremdous knowledge, competence and grace, and took care of everything that needed to be done to save his life and minimize the impacts of this terrible disaster. At home, without being asked, or even thinking twice, our extended family, friends, neighbors and the community, including many people we do not know, came forward with donations, meals, and countless thoughtful gestures of hope, caring and practical assistance. We are very grateful. As a family of faith, we are particularly touched by the heartfelt prayers said on behalf of David and those of us who love him.

He is gaining strength every day, and we know that this showing of support and love has meant a great deal in his recovery. To a community who truly cares, we thank you for your kindness and support"

Dave and Norma (Hennings)Jones and all of us in the Hennings and Jones families.

I'll send one more prayer your way - glad to hear he's doing better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wording to write a Thank you in the newspaper for my sons accidents [ 3 Answers ]

I am at a loss of what to write in our local paper to thank our community for their generosity when my son was in his ATV accident and had to be airlifted to a Children's Critical care centre. Organizations, & businesses... fundraised money to pay for our expenses while we spent a month in another...

What to write on sympathy card [ 5 Answers ]

What are the right words to say to a death of a good friends mother?

How can I take write protection off my sd card or my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I can't stand this I just got this card and I can't put anything on it because it said error write protection if you could help me out it great thanks

View more questions Search