Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    westbrooklawn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 08:31 PM
    Splicing mobile home entrance cable
    I have just moved a mobile home with 200 amp service panel in the house. The existing 4 wire entrance wire was cut with about 15 ' of entrance cable available under the trailer. I need to add 25' to get to the 200amp breaker box on the pole. Is there a way to splice this entrance cable to avoid pulling the existing cable out of the mobile home panel? I will be using 4/0, 4/0, 4/0, 2/0 aluminum cable designed for mobilehome entrance. The existing cable is 4/0,4/0, 3/0, 2/0 aluminum. I am thinking some kind of slit bolt connector in a box secured under the trailer, but would want the splices to be mechanically separated... is there such a thing?
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

May 13, 2009, 11:13 PM
    NEC Section 230.46 allows splices in service drop cable, but there may be local amendments prohibiting it. Check with your local electrical inspector.

If it is permitted in your locality, you can use a "Power Block:"

Industrial Control - Power Terminal Blocks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical entrance cable [ 7 Answers ]

We have been advised by our insurance co. to replace the electrical entrance cable... does anyone know exactly what that takes... what materials,etc... thanks..

Service entrance cable [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a code restriction on the footage of service entrance cable from the triplex to the meter socket ?

Entrance Cable [ 4 Answers ]

I am putting in a new electric service in my house and wanted to know what size wire I need for a 200 amp service

Cable splicing [ 2 Answers ]

Does the code allows splicing inside the panel board?

Entrance cable [ 4 Answers ]

How do I cover the electrical service entrance cable attached to the side of my house? What do I use? The original covering has worn out in spots, exposing wires beneath. Also is this something a dummy can do?

View more questions Search